Tcpip.sys vendor flagging system restore vol info

I saw another one, but this one is taking my system resto volume info with it, Sorry for the multiple logs.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36

Database version: 2070

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

03/05/2009 18:45:36

mbam-log-2009-05-03 (18-45-36).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)

Objects scanned: 130928

Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B1C538C0-CBA3-4434-A006-53A338B37653}\RP5\A0000845.dll (tcpip.sys) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B1C538C0-CBA3-4434-A006-53A338B37653}\RP5\A0001029.sys (tcpip.sys) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951748$\tcpip.sys (tcpip.sys) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

False positive?

I see

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Windows Service Pack 3 has been available for almost a year and provides several Critical Security updates so should be applied in IE by going to Tools then Windows Update then downloading and installing all updates.

You should go to Control Panel then Automatic Updates then select Automatic (recommended) or at least Notify me but don't automatically download or install them.

I see

Windows Service Pack 3 has been available for almost a year and provides several Critical Security updates so should be applied in IE by going to Tools then Windows Update then downloading and installing all updates.

You should go to Control Panel then Automatic Updates then select Automatic (recommended) or at least Notify me but don't automatically download or install them.

Just a quick question about SP3, do you need to do a clean install of it? I'm still running with SP2 because I don't have the abilty to back everything up and don't want to lose all my data.

No, you can install it over a previous service pack as it simply updates system files and doesn't format your drive or anything (in fact, I believe it's required that you install it on at least SP1 and MS recommends installing it on top of a system running SP2). Just in case something goes wrong with the installation you may still want to do a quick backup of your most important data. Also note that the installation will take some time (I've seen it take an hour or more) so if you're on a laptop, make sure to plug it in instead of running off the battery while doing the install.

No, you can install it over a previous service pack as it simply updates system files and doesn't format your drive or anything (in fact, I believe it's required that you install it on at least SP1 and MS recommends installing it on top of a system running SP2). Just in case something goes wrong with the installation you may still want to do a quick backup of your most important data. Also note that the installation will take some time (I've seen it take an hour or more) so if you're on a laptop, make sure to plug it in instead of running off the battery while doing the install.

Thanks for that. I might give it a go when i've got a couple of hours to spare.