Cannot update vs. 2012 without crashing....

I have loaded the newest release of Malwarebytes and when it attempts to update, it crashes the system.  I have had to go back to the older version for it to work.  It only happens in version 2.  I have tried running the cleaner and reinstalling, but all to no avail.  This is the first real problem I have had with your software.  Any ideas?

Hello and :welcome:

Let's try this first.... (if you still can not run the update after version 2x is installed provide the logs required with version 2x installed)

Thank You,

Firefox

The version is actually 2.0.2.1012 that is crashing.  When the program first comes up and tries to update, it crashes.  If I run it again and try to do a scan, it crashes.  Version 1.75.0.1300 works fine, it is just the new program that is crashing.

I've just looked through the logs, and in addition to seeing that MBAM service is not running, I see issues with other services also not running when they should be.

Have you, perchance, been playing around with services on the machine, or else trying out any sort of tweaking applications that might have made changes to one or more of the services on the machine?

They are two different programs, so it's not surprising that the older one works - it is a lot different from the newer one.

I think AdvancedSetup may need to peruse your logs more closely, from what I can see in a cursory examination is that your computer has some issues that are far beyond just MBAM not working correctly.

• Root Admin

Please remove these entries from the Registry and reboot the computer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

C:\Program Files (x86)\REALTEK\11n USB Wireless LAN Utility\RtWLan.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

Then let us know if it's still crashing or not.