Getting straight answers and/or updates

No matter which forum(s) you may use seeking help with infected machines. Its always a robotic time consuming process which for me personally has never helped that much after spending days downloading and running all these utilities. All the time spent by the techs is GREATLY appreciated. Several (myself included) forum members are having the exact same problems. I would like to think that MBAM's team can troubleshoot and find out whats going on and how to fix. So here we go again with the menu of utilities being kept in the dark with no idea. So I ask simply--What has happened and have things been compromised? I would just like to know what it is we are dealing with or for that matter does MBAM know what we are dealing with?

Thanks

• Root Admin

Well I would really love to help you but reading what you've posted I'm not exactly sure what it is you're asking but I'll try to post an answer. There are 3rd party tools that target many different things and often there can potentially be legal issues why a company might not remove certain items that are on the fringe of PUP or malware that an individual with anonymity may be able to target without fear of legal repercussions.

As for documentation of the tools those are discussed and documented in private forums and is not public information on purpose. There is no tool from any vendor period that can or will 100% detect and remove all threats. I think our product does very well for what it's designed to do but yes we can and do use other tools when needed because bottom line is we do want users to have a clean system.

Here are a couple of topics which might help you to better understand some of the issues.

The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware

Do I need a Windows Registry Cleaner?

Backup Software

If you're interested in helping others with removal of Malware please visit one of the sites below to sign up for a training school.

The following are websites who host training facilities: United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Hopefully this has answered some or most of your questions.