Nitro PDF / Nitro Reader Support

pbmcmlxxi

• 1 year later...

Seems this wont work to protect nitro 3 as a custom shield, there are 6 .exe files in the folder & I've tried adding each one, none of them work, including the most obvious & the one I think should be added, NitroPDFReader.exe

I added custom shields for both thunderbird & libreoffice, both of those popup the protection notification when started, all good :), nitro does not :(, no matter which of their files I add.

Hopefully it does actually work & I have simply overlooked something, help would be appreciated please.

Cheers

• Staff

Interestingly it only shows as injected when shielding "Nitro_PIPAssistant.exe" instead of the other NitroPDF executables.

Can you get a capture with Process Monitor during the normal startup process of NitroPDF? With that we might be able to see how Nitro starts itself exactly.

After spending 20 minutes trying to do something I had never done before I have the attached file but don't know if that is what you  need/asked for, would be nice if malwarebytes provided a step by step to save us time when we are troubleshooting the program for them.

Having said that, it does indeed seem to be working now when I add Nitro_PIPAssistant.exe, no idea why it did not the first time I tried it, so thanx for that, I think I am set now, & hope the file helps you further.

cheers

PS. Got this message from your forum software: "Logfile.PML You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" - so I simply changed the file extension to .txt

Logfile.txt

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, I'm running Nitro Pro 10 on Windows 10 and I've tried both nitro_pro10.exe and NitroPIPAssistant.exe, and nothing is showing up in my logs.  I also get a notification when other programs like Chrome are being protected.  I get nothing when I open up Nitro Pro.  

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Edited by Diotallevi

• Staff

Hello Diotallevi,

Can you check to see if there is any background processes of Nitro running when you are testing this? This sounds like a common thing that normally users of google chrome runs into. Because it keeps a process of google chrome running in the background, we are still protecting it. So even though a new window is opened, it won't show the alert that it is being protected. 

• 2 weeks later...