What custom shields are you using with MBAE Premium

MCFatTongue

Hello all,

I've just downloaded the new MBAE Premium, so far all seems to be okay, I haven't tried custom shields yet myself.

The purpose of this thread is for users of the premium version to log the sucessfull custom shields they have implemented as a reference for other users.

Kind regards. :)

Hello,

For those that may be interested if you are on Windows 8/8.1/8.1.1 and would like to try shielding your Metro apps, you can try the following: Since almost all Metro apps run via WWAHost.exe, add a custom shield for it. I have been doing this since the Premium version of MBAE was released and it is working well here on my system...

I have a problem with OpenOffice; I added it (i.e. soffice.bin) to the custom shields,

with 'choose a profile: office' option, but it crashed during opening (OA showed that

the process dwwin.exe was somehow involved), then I chose a profile: other,

and now sometimes it opens without any problem, and sometimes it crashes.

Other (cosmetic) bug: Logs in GUI show false info sometimes (e.g., 'Notepad is now protected.'

instead of 'Adobe Reader is now protected.'), but it's probably a known issue.

I have a problem with OpenOffice; I added it (i.e. soffice.bin) to the custom shields,

with 'choose a profile: office' option, but it crashed during opening (OA showed that

the process dwwin.exe was somehow involved), then I chose a profile: other,

and now sometimes it opens without any problem, and sometimes it crashes.

Unfortunately, trusting 'soffice.bin' in Online Armor seems to solve the problem

in most cases.  The option 'choose a profile: office' works well now.

Another small thing: the custom shields cannot be edited, and even viewed.

I think it would have been useful if users were posting the exact entries for these Custom Shields.

Curious to know what 'Profile' and 'File Path' folks are using for "Mozilla Thunderbird" on W8.1 64Bit? :)

Shielding OpenOffice, PaleMoon, PowerPoint Viewer, Trillian, Windows Live Mail, WordPad, and Works Spreadsheet.

(Since there's no view/edit feature, I can't easily check to see which profile I assigned to each...)

=================================

Question for Pedro:   You wrote that adding soffice.bin covers all of Open/Libre Office... that there is no "need" to shield the individual applications.   If one DOES add the individual apps (in addition to soffice.bin), can that be problematic? --- Or just that it does essentially nothing more that citing soffice.bin by itself??