BSODs & Malwarebytes Disappeared From Notification Area

Hello superwow_rl:

Perhaps it was me that wasn't clear enough and I sincerely apologize for that. :(

Please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.

Yes. Also please do attach the last two (2) dump files that were created by the BSOD(s).

That would make for five (5) attachments in your next reply.

Thank you. :)

Ahh, I see.  Well, I attached the FRST & Addition logs.  MBAM-check did not produce a log, or do anything, that I could tell.

The dump logs, I'm not sure how to access them.  The logs I have are Notepad files.  I just copied each BSOD error message into Notepad & saved it to my desktop when it happened.  It tells me there are files that I can look out, but my computer says the files are not found.  But I attached the Notepad files anyway, in case you can find some other way to get the logs you actually want.

Thank you.

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Blue Screen 6.29.2014 @ 2145.txt

Blue Screen 7.14.2014 @ 2243.txt

Hello superwow_rl:

The fact that mbam-check-2.1.1.1001.exe may not have run from your desktop, nor placed a CheckResults.txt file on your desktop either is key.

BTW - I apologize if I did not make it clear, it is the dump files themselves that is required: 

C:\Windows\Minidump\062914-38984-01.dmpC:\Windows\Minidump\071414-30685-01.dmp

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

Although we would like you to start a new thread with the Malware Removal Team, you may attach the above requested dump files to this thread when you are able.

I'm sorry, i did understand that you need the dump logs themselves.  I just don't understand how to get them...sorry, that's kind of embarrassing.  I did do some Googling but everything says install this or install that, & I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

I don't think it's a malware problem, I think it's an MBAM problem.  :(

Hello superwow_rl:

If the C:\Windows\Minidump\ directory is now empty, and some one has not deleted them manually, then please open your Piriform CCleaner GUI and under System, if Memory Dumps is checked, please uncheck the box if you wish to preserve crash dumps for future examination requests.

The Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) application is quite un-related to the mbam-check-2.1.1.1001.exe utility's ability to passively gather unique information regarding your system's environment with regards to MBAM. The utility should run & report whether MBAM has ever, is now, or is not currently installed.

From experience, we know that malware has thwarted the normal operation of the Malwarebytes' utility to run and report.

The decision is now yours as to how we are to proceed. Please advise your intentions in your next reply to this thread.

As an alternative to assistance via this forum, you may receive one-on-one assistance, using email, through the Malwarebytes Consumer Support Help Desk. The Help Desk portal currently has an alert posted that reads in part; "...Response times can be as long as three to four business days...".

Thank you.

Hello superwow_rl:

If you would like to try one more attempt at running mbam-check.exe, a recent, detailed procedure has been authored:

Some users experience an as yet undefined, and yet to be determined, failures to run mbam-check-{version}.exe and/or generate the essential CheckResults.txt diagnostic output report.

The following, written for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, is a more detailed procedure for those users who have yet to generate, and attached, a CheckResults.txt file to your forum's topic:

Some users may appreciate printing a hard copy of these instructions so as not to forget/exclude any critical steps.

Running Malwarebytes' mbam-check-{version}.exe

NOTE: If at any step below you are unable to successfully proceed, STOP there, and advise your forum helper.

• Please start this system's Windows Operating System, from a powered-off state, so as to establish a fresh session.
  • If any previous copies of mbam-check-{version}.exe are present anywhere on this system, please delete all of them now.
  • Microsoft's Notepad.exe must be this system's default text (.txt) file editor.
  • Temporarily please turn-off this system's on-access Anti-Virus application.
  • If this system lacks an Elevated Command Prompt desktop shortcut, please read: How to Create an "Elevated Command Prompt" Shortcut and create it.
  • Please download and Save, to this system's desktop, a fresh copy of the current mbam-check-{version}.exe.
  • Please left double-click the shortcut for the Elevated Command Prompt shortcut icon. An Administrator: cmd.exe window should have opened.
  • In the Elevated Command Prompt window, please type (or cut & paste) each individual one of the below lines and press ENTER-key after each one: (NOTE: Please guarantee there is only one (1) space after the "cd" in the 1st and 2nd lines below.)
    • cd \
    • cd %userprofile%\desktop
    • mbam-check-2.1.1.1001.exe
  • If the mbam-check.exe utility has begun properly, the Elevated Command Prompt window's name will become Administrator: cmd.exe - mbam-check-2.1.1.1001.exe.
  • Please wait approximately one minute for proper processing and a CheckResults.txt - Notepad window to appear.
  • If a CheckResults.txt - Notepad window has appeared, please close it.
  • Please close the Elevated Command Prompt window.
  • From your desktop, please find and attach (please do not Copy/Paste or compress) the newly generated CheckResults.txt file to your topic's next forum reply.
  • Upon successfully sending the CheckResults.txt please delete the following files from this system's desktop:
    • mbam-check-{version}.exe
    • CheckResults.txt
  • Please turn-on this system's on-access Anti-Virus application previously turned off above.

It is recommended that you retain the Elevated Command Prompt desktop shortcut till this system's MBAM issues are resolved.

I tried the 2nd method you shared, & it did not work, either.  The name of the prompt window does change, but no log ever appears.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention, only the 2nd minidump file appears anywhere on my computer, but as I explained before, I have no idea how to open it.  I don't know what happened to the first one.

Hello superwow_rl:

The last mbam-check procedure failure, though similar to the first procedure in some respects, simply added to the fact that a visit to the Malware Removal folks will be productive.

It is not requested you open any minidump files but instead attach them in a reply to this thread.

Before a dump (.dmp) file can be successfully uploaded on this forum, it may become necessary to first zip the dump file.

I hope this has helped you.

Okay, I tried to attach the minidump file, & my computer says I don't have permission to open it.

I tried sending it to a zip folder, & it said the file could not be found.

I sent the file to my dropbox & tried attaching it from there, & the forum gives me the error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file.

If I just get rid of all the MBAM crap on my computer, will this problem go away?  I really don't know what else to do here.

If I email support, will it take 3-4 days for EACH response, or just the initial response?

Hello superwow_rl:

For now, let's defer the minidump file.

Since the detailed information about the BSODs is limited, my initial opinion is because MBAM doesn't cause BSODs, and MBAM instead protects your system, your best move would be to seek the help offered by the Malware Removal Experts in their sub-forum or through the Consumer Support Help Desk.

I can not speak for either of the above. However, it is abundantly clear that the Malware Removal Help sub-forum is active 24/7 and time between each response is minimal. 

Thank you.