skype false positive

timopomer

every once in a while skype's website is detected as a malicious site even tho im not even on it...its probably just skype communicating with its website or something...

i have a few IPs

yE2wYIV.png

im pretty sure they are all skype related.

its skype/phone or something....very weird!

someone else experienced this issue? please tell me

next time it shows me the actual site ill tell post a screenshoit

None of the IPs in your screenshot belong to the Skype website or any of it's servers, and none are F/P's.

Skype uses P2P tech, which means there's always going to be malicious IPs amongst them, just as is the case with all other software using P2P.

None of the IPs in your screenshot belong to the Skype website or any of it's servers, and none are F/P's.

Skype uses P2P tech, which means there's always going to be malicious IPs amongst them, just as is the case with all other software using P2P.

im just telling you guys what happened! it didnt accour again since then so i cant show you guys the problem

but thanks for repling

• Staff

That's not a F/P either.

As MysteryFCM said in a reply above: "Skype uses P2P tech, which means there's always going to be malicious IPs amongst them, just as is the case with all other software using P2P."

I see these alerts when I am on skype too. It does not affect my use of it.