Getting files off external HD

hmmm ... after looking around i found a few external pictures on line ...no joy on the internal view .

however ... i do have a similar model in the bone-pile (the media center series) of about the same vintage (i did mount a drive inside of it) .

there was only a certain amount  of room on the front inside due to the mounting scheme of things and the case not being a true full-sized ATX style case (think odd mid-tower) .

there is , i feel/may be room to mount the drive on the bottom of the case ... even if you had to stand it on edge (not my first choice) .

(hot glue and double backed sticky tape are your friends ... seriously)

:lol:

i suppose a man could go the full route and make a set of four "Z" brackets and bolt these through the case bottom with machine hardware ...

one bracket on each end would hold the drive very securely .

can you post some pictures of the inside and the measurements ?

maybe include a ruler for scaling ?

I would post a picture but its all set up and running for him now, I won't be getting into it any time soon, not until near the end of summer when we blow all the computers out again.

Their is actually only 1 spot in the thing where an extra hard drive could go, but its got about a dozen wires going THRU it to all the media stuff. I really wouldn't want to try and move them anyway, aside from the fact there isn't anywhere for the wires to go, The media center stuff is actually attached to the front of the case really weirdly, took a half hour to get just the 1 piece off, because of how it was attached, just so we could remove the hard drive to put in a spare just to install linux. thankfully it was easier to put the old windows hard drive back.

In truth, though he wants to get a new computer soon anyway, so there isn't much point in actually making any changes to the machine at all. Just waiting for him to give me an actual budget to work with, and what he wants the computer for, and I can get the parts and build it.