Malwarebytes 2.0.2.1012 screws up my internet connectivity

This is a problem that's frustrated me for a while. I have the PRO version since 10/1/2013 and it never gave me problems until a few weeks ago.

I've searched around for solutions, but basically: Every time I try to scan, my internet connection is ruined. Even if I cancel or complete the scan I cannot browse the web unless in safe mode with networking. I know I'm connected because I can still use applications like Skype.

So far, my internet settings do not change at all during the scan so I don't know if that's the issue and I don't use proxies.

But basically I've had to continuously install/uninstall malwarebytes before and after every scan and I'd really like to avoid doing that because it's an annoying process and I can't even tell if it's a malware-caused problem since malwarebytes doesn't even detect anything usually.

Hi:

There's really no way for MBAM to "screw up" internet connectivity -- it would help to have more details (especially a screenshot) about the problem or error message you are seeing.
What you describe sounds more like a malware problem (e.g. a ZeroAcccess rootkit).

If you are referring to IP blocks, these articles explain the situation using Skype or P2P

Just curious: why are you browsing the internet in Safe Mode with Networking?

If you think you might be infected, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.  A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process and with repairing malware damage.

Otherwise,

Thank You,

Hi:

There's really no way for MBAM to "screw up" internet connectivity -- it would help to have more details (especially a screenshot) about the problem or error message you are seeing.

What you describe sounds more like a malware problem (e.g. a ZeroAcccess rootkit).

If you are referring to IP blocks, these articles explain the situation using Skype or P2P

Just curious: why are you browsing the internet in Safe Mode with Networking?

If you think you might be infected, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.  A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process and with repairing malware damage.

Otherwise,

Thank You,

I should rephrase the situation:

There is no error message at all. It merely tells me that the DNS lookup failed in google chrome even though I already set things up beforehand. Cleanly uninstalling MBAM allows me to use the internet again. The same goes for every other internet browser, and yet applications like Skype still connect just fine.

Also, I am browsing in Safe Mode with Networking to try to determine what the problem is, although I can't figure it out.

Anyway, I'll post the logs later when I get back to my computer having the issues