Can't open Anti-Malware

I just switched to a new computer with Windows 8.1 and I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It won't open. Tried Chameleon, and all the other alternative methods suggested.  None work. From the avalanche of popup ads I am experiencing, I suspect I'm infected with Malware. I've attached the log file as suggested.

Bruce

FRST.txt

Hi,

Welcome.

Can you please post back with the other log (Addition.txt) and with the checkresults.txt log from mbam-check, as suggested here: Diagnostic Logs?

They will help the staff to sort out your issues.

OTOH, if you think you might be infected, then you might want to head over to the malware removal section >>HERE<< and post all of those logs in a NEW, separate thread.  A malware expert will assist you with looking into your issue.

Hi, FD,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Here is the most recent FRST.txt, and the Addition.txt.  I downloaded and ran mbam-check, but it did not produce a log. The command line box appeared for part of a second, I was asked if I could make a change to the directory, and then nada.

Bruce

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

• Root Admin

The logs indicate that the computer appears to be infected.

ProxyServer: http=127.0.0.1:14286;https=127.0.0.1:14286

HomePage: hxxp://search.conduit.com

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...