Malwarebytes Premium & Windows Defender

I have Win. 7 Pro. Sp1 and my question is this, will there be a conflict between Malwarebytes Premium & Windows Defender if they are both on? I rely on Malwarebytes but with Win. 7's Windows Defender I don't know if I should keep it off or let it run in "realtime protection" mode. I don't have it set to run any auto scans I rely on Malwarebytes for that. I thought I would try a scan with Windows Defender just to check it out and it did find adware in a .zip file that Malwarebytes did not. Not sure about this conflict thing so I thought I would post this question and see what you experts think.

Thanks in advance for the help!

For an anit-virus I'm using Avast Free. If you could let me know where to find WD to add MBAM that would be great. Did a search of C drive and could not find it. This is probably a stupid question but would WD be added to Malware Exclusions? 

Thanks for the help.

Hi, Blackstone 250:

Hi,

Also and to be more sure, you can exclude Windows Defender as i have explain here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=149824&hl=

Actually, if WD is disabled, there is no need for exclusions.

And, with MBAM Premium, there really is no need for WD to be be enabled -- they are both anti-malware, and MBAM is the much more robust product.

Thanks very much,

Hi daledoc1,

But, we're considering that Windows has disabled Windows Defender. As we cannot know that, i suggest the user to take apply all the exclusions to avoid any other problema. The only way to solve problems is to eliminate possible problems.

shut up daledoc1 ;)

Regards,

Blackstone250

Thank you to daledoc1, Firefox, and David for your advice. I did ask a stupid question about locating WD. Why, I have no idea. I must have a major brain fart at that moment. Yes, I agree that Malwarebytes is the superior program. I will disable WD as you recommend. I think my question has been answered and then some. Thanks again to you three.

THIS IS STRICTLY TO BLACKSTONE250. I STARTED THIS POST AND NEVER SAID OR SUGGESTED THAT WINDOWS HAS DISABLED WD. WHERE YOU CAME UP WITH THAT I HAVE NO IDEA. I DO HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR YOU BLACKSTONE250 THAT NEXT TIME YOU WNAT TO ZOOM OFF INTO SPACE START YOUR OWN POST PLEASE!!!! I ALSO HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH DAVID THAT YOUR RUDENESS TOWARD DALEDOC1 WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!

To daledoc1, I apologize for Blackstone250 's rudeness. I guess when you are that far out in space you forget that you need to be how David put it, nice an civil.

Thanks again to all three of you. I appreciate your input.