Databases out of date message

I am too getting the "Your Databases are out of Date." message every day when I get on my computer.

I already tried completely uninstalling my premium version and installing the most recent version....same problem.  I am on Windows 7.

What do I need to do?  I have the revo uninstaller?  Would that help?  I really don't want to have to download more programs to have to fix this issue.

Help.

Hello and :welcome: , timdogg:

Actually Revo is not the recommended method of uninstalling.

A couple of easy things to check -- first, please be sure your system date/time are correct, and that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions.
It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE. Please post back if you need help with that.

Also, if your computer is asleep or hibernating overnight, then, depending on the system's power management settings in Windows, it might not be updating overnight.

I understand that you tried to reinstall once, but it's not clear if the recommended procedure (including use of the removal tool) was used?

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue - this is the standard troubleshooting that works for most users whose computers are not infected or damaged:

Thanks,

Thanks.  System date & time are correct.  I've added the exclusions to Microsoft Security Essentials as the link you provided suggested.

Prior I uninstalled using the Windows 7 uninstall feature.  I did not use any other 3rd party uninstallers.

I'll see if the exclusions work and go from there.

Thanks.  System date & time are correct.  I've added the exclusions to Microsoft Security Essentials as the link you provided suggested.

Prior I uninstalled using the Windows 7 uninstall feature.  I did not use any other 3rd party uninstallers.

I'll see if the exclusions work and go from there.

Make sure any "Detected Threats" are dispositioned on the "Scan" page of the interface. Unresolved threats appear to stop the program from updating.

Hi, timdogg:

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems.

If the previous suggestions and the clean reinstall did not work, then please read the following and post back the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

It will only take a few minutes and will help the staff/experts to determine what might be going on, so that we can get you back up and running.

Thanks,