free version vs trial version download issue

my old mbam ran out and seems I installed the trial version over it, is there not a free version any longer that doesn't run out in 14-15 days or whatever it is ?

If so could someone please guide me to exactly where I need to download the free version ?

thanks !

my old mbam ran out

Can you be a bit more specific about that?

MBAM Free never "runs out".

Consumer licenses for version 1.x that were migrated to version 2 licenses don't "run out", either, because they are lifetime licenses.

Only NEW licenses for version 2 that have been purchased in the past few months would need to be renewed, but not for 9 or 10 months from now.

The only other CONSUMER version of MBAM that would run out would be the 14-day trial of MBAM PREMIUM that is enabled by default during a version 2 install/upgrade.

So, I'm not sure what version of MBAM you had or have that would have run out???

If you had the trial and it already "ran out", then you should be back at the Free version now (see below).

Having said that:

and seems I installed the trial version over it, is there not a free version any longer that doesn't run out in 14-15 days or whatever it is ?

If so could someone please guide me to exactly where I need to download the free version ?

thanks !

The link to download MBAM Free and MBAM PREMIUM is the same -- it is here.

In fact, the installer file is the same.

Users with a paid license then ACTIVATE the software to unlock the PREMIUM features.

During the installation, there is a free, 14-day trial of MBAM PREMIUM enabled by default.

If you already installed it and the trial is activated, in order to get back to Free you can either:

• Wait for the Trial to expire -- it will revert to the Free version, or
  • Click the "End Free Trial" link in the dashboard, or
  • Click the "End Trial" link in the system tray popup that will notify you of an expiring trial, or
  • Cleanly reinstall the Free version

post-29793-0-54023800-1401654388_thumb.p

post-29793-0-55182000-1401654626_thumb.j