How to Disable Nag Screen

Hello,

Malwarebytes is asking me to upgrade.  I do not want to do this right now. So I click "Later". 

Within a few hours, it is pestering me again.

WIth other software, there is often an option like "Remind me in 1 hour", "1 day" or "Never".  I wish Malwarebytes had this thoughtfull option.  

How can I get Malwarebytes to quit promoting me to upgrade, without doing an upgrade I do not want at this time?

Thanks,

Matt

I uninstalled the software because this became so annoying.  I would click on a button to update the database and nothing would happen and the nag screen would continuously keep popping up.  I tried different settings, etc. but was unable to stop this problem.  I was also unable to update the database. 

Hi, @myersed2:

I uninstalled the software because this became so annoying.  I would click on a button to update the database and nothing would happen and the nag screen would continuously keep popping up.  I tried different settings, etc. but was unable to stop this problem.  I was also unable to update the database.

It sounds as if that is actually the opposite problem.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Hi, @matt73yard:

Can you please be a bit more specific:

Do you mean you would like to postpone updating from version 1.75 to version 2?

Or do you want to postpone updating from an earlier build of 2.0 to 2.0.2.1012?

The advice we provide differs, depending on which situation applies.

Thanks!

Hi, @matt73yard:

Can you please be a bit more specific:

Do you mean you would like to postpone updating from version 1.75 to version 2?

Or do you want to postpone updating from an earlier build of 2.0 to 2.0.2.1012?

The advice we provide differs, depending on which situation applies.

Thanks!

My current version is:

"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) 2.0.1.004", accoridng to the titlebar of the program.

I want to avoid any upate at this time, and avoid all nag screens.

Ah, OK.

Thanks for the info.

Alas, in version 2.0 currently there is no way to disable automatic PROGRAM updates as there was in version 1.x. :(

The devs have promised to restore that feature with a future release.

So, AFAIK currently there is no way to turn off the notification until you allow the update.

Moreover, there is no granular control over notifications yet, either. :(

Notifications are pretty much "all or none" currently in version 2.0.

The devs have promised that restored feature in a future release, as well.

Having said all that, we would strongly encourage you to allow the update.

Version 2.0.2.1012 fixes quite a few bugs from previous versions and is more stable.

The upgrade should proceed on-top of your current version.

If you prefer to clean upgrade, please follow these steps: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

And be sure to reboot after the upgrade.

Hope this helps,

First, thanks for your help.  I do appreciate your time and the information you provided.

I don't post much here, but if you search my posts, you will find my one other thread, where I praise Malwarebytes and state how happy I am with the software and support.

Now things have taken a turn for the worse.

It is very obnoxious to jam upgrades/updates down a users throat like this.  I am sure that there are many features and fixes that Malwarebytes has done that they think warrant this update.  And maybe they do.  But the first "feature" that should have been added was the one that allows a user to determine when they want to do an upgrade, without nagging them multiple times a day, if they do not choose "right now".  This is usability 101.

I paid for a license, and I don't think I should be forced to upgrade with a gun to my head. 

I don't want to be alarmist, and I am sure the software is still worth having on my computer.  But I am disappointed. Malwarebytes used to be a breath of fresh air, but lately they have been doing stuff like Norton or Mcafee or one of the other big companies that I choose not to support.  Sad.

Hi:

I'm just another homer user, like you.

And I was one of the first to "RFF" (Request For Feature) during beta testing and after release a restoration of the separate user control over PROGRAM updates that we had in version 1.x.

Many advanced users want the sort of control over software upgrades that we deploy with Windows updates, etc..

But only the dev team knows when that restored feature will land. :(

If you would like to submit your specific suggestions (like this one), it might be a good idea to start a new post in the Comments/Suggestions section?

That way, it won't be lost in the shuffle here in the busy support area.

Thanks very much for your feedback,