MBAM 1.75 usage

Hello!

I don't really like the GUI of MBAM 2 so I'd like to know for how much longer will we be able to update definitions in MBAM 1.75 and if it's still possible to install the old version 1.75 on a new computer or is it only possible to instal the version 2.X?

Thank you!

There has been no official word as to how much longer version 1.75 will be supported. I am guessing about 1 year. You still can install version 1.75 on any computer, but if your going to want to say on version 1.75 you will have to disable product updates or you will be prompted to upgrade to version 2.

Yes, I want to roll back, too.

1. Please confirm if the definition files are the same for 1.75 and the newer versions? (If they are, it seems to me that you could use 1.75 indefinitely.)

2. Please confirm an official drop dead date for support for 1.75?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi:

Until Firefox returns:

1) Yes, except that there are no anti-rootkit detections for 1.75, as it does not offer that feature.
2) Alas, no idea -- that would have to be provided by the company and there has been no official announcement about that.

Having said that:

Reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).

If you are having specific problems or issues with 2.0 on your computers, the staff here will be more than happy to assist you with resolving them.

As for bug fixes, RFFs and other fixes, the team will be updating the program with these over time.

If you stay with 1.75 indefinitely, you won't have a version to fall back on when 1.75 support ends.

But, it's entirely up to you, of course, :)