when i run a regular threat scan it scans LESS objects than a custom scan

when i run a regular threat scan it scans faster and also scans less objects than a custom scan when i do a custom scan of only one of my drives.  for a regular threat scan it does 450k and a custom scan of just one of my two drives it does 550k.   why the difference. i assumed threat scan was more comprehensive or at least as comprehensiveas a custom scan

Scan Types

The new scan names are a bit confusing to those of us used to the naming scheme in MBAM 1.75, but this should help.

Threat scan ==> quick scan

Custom scan ==> partial or Full scan - depending upon what you choose to scan.

Hyper scan ==> Flash scan (only available for registered PRO users).

So basically a Threat scan (Quick Scan) will only scan the normal locations where Malware likes to hide and all its loading points.

A Custom scan (Full Scan) depending on the options you choose will/can scan every file on your hard drive.

Another point of view. A Threat Scan, scans only where the author believes where malware may be hiding. I think they are very close. Now other programs have their own ideas and may not scan where MBM does. This is why one program is not enough.

A Custom Scan scans everything, Author approved or not.