I am out of date with MBAM

AaLF

Recently or maybe longer MBAM updated it self with my OK to this new version 2.0.1.1004 premium.   Although I have ticked auto update the only update avail is manual.

And now I'm infected with a browser hijack Qone8.

Do i have to pay again with this new model for protection to be real-time/active?  And how do we kill this Qone8?

Hi:

In addition to what has been suggested:

Yes, you might want to update to the current version -- you will not need to pay again if you have a valid, lifetime, consumer license for MBAM PRO 1.x.

Instructions are here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.

HOWEVER, if you think you are infected, it might be advisable to get cleaned up first.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process and can assist with upgrading MBAM to version 2.

Thanks,

My MBAM is a lic. version and is up to date.  But is blind to Qone8 which has taken up residence in the front opening tab of i.e., firefox & chrome.  And each time MBAM scans it is oblivious to this Qone8 multi-browser hijack.

Hi:

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum. :(

You might try resetting your browsers (see below).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, for expert assistance with possible infection/browser hijacking, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,

----------------------------------

Please visit each of the following sites and lets reset all of your browsers back to defaults to prevent unexpected issues.
If you are not using one of the browsers but it is installed then you may want to consider uninstalling it as older versions of some software can pose an increase in the potential for an infection to get in.

Internet Explorer
How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Firefox
Click on Help / Troubleshooting Information then click on the Reset Firefox button.
And: Reset Firefox

Chrome
Chrome - Reset browser settings

Opera
How to Perform a (really) clean Reinstall of Opera