PUP.Optional.FlashPro and other Malware

My husband recently was infected with spyware, bought the premium version of this program, and then joined this forum.  His problem was resolved in excellent fashion and his computer now seems to be malware-free and protected.  He is a believer in your support!

Yesterday, I installed Malwarebytes Premium on my computer and ran a scan.  Now I find that my computer also has some malware - something called PUP.Optional.FlashPro.  Prior to installing the program and running the scan, I had an incident where a program apparently hijacked my home page and kept changing it to 'about:blank'.  I ran a scan with my antivirus program (Bit Defender Total Security 2013) and things seemed to go back to normal although I did not use the computer much after that.  BTW, I use Bit Defender as my firewall, too.  I am not aware of other virus or adware programs running on my computer except Malwarebytes now.  This hijacking only happened once and hasn't happened since.  Following advice from my husband, I ran the full Threat Scan and found these 2 infections.  I have attached the log file and opened this topic.  I also created a new Restore Point.  My infected machine is a Windows 7 Home 64-bit HP Pavilion laptop.  Any help will be appreciated.

MB Threat Scan1_052914.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!