MBAMv2 always updates with same old defs - server caching?

As per subject, am I right in thinking all def updates use the same url & filename?

Checking for Updates always returns 'No updates available'.

Delete the defs file and download again, its always v2014.05.06.07.
Our server at work has a nasty habit of caching things like this for upto a month.
No problem at home with a direct internet connection, and previous version of MBAM did not have this problem at all.

Any ideas?

Hello and :welcome:

Thank You,

Firefox

Our server at work has a nasty habit of caching things like this for upto a month.

No problem at home with a direct internet connection, and previous version of MBAM did not have this problem at all.

Hold the phone..... Is this a business computer with no direct web access?  As far as I know the business version has not upgraded to the new version of MBAM.

Hi, sorry for late reply, things like happening...

No, its the free version.

I have full admin rights for my terminal, but nothing beyond.

I have only seen this once before with the same setup, with SpybotS&D manual updates, but I had three seperate links to cycle through for that - as long as any link was not used again within a month, it was manageable. Very similar behaviour, but where its going is embedded in the app this time and out of reach.

Noticed its a common problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to say 2.0.2.1012 has started to do exactly the same thing, no change, looks like its early co-operation was a one-off.

Currently have v2014.07.04.09 defs and the 'no updates available' response, just like before.

I'll probably have a go at doing a complete uninstall/reinstall again and see if that works, but I would rather not have to do this just to get the defs updated every time.

I still suspect our server is caching. Needs that off-line update solution.

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but using MBAM on a Server without a business license is against the EULA (End User License Agreement) you need to have a valid business license for all business use. The use of the MBAM 2.0 product in a business is also not supported at this time as it is still on version 1.75

With a valid license if you're having issues please contact Business Support and they will assist you with any program issues.

Thank you.