Malwarebytes v2.0.1.1004/2.0.2.2012 crashes on update and/or scan

Hi,

I notice a few other similar topics relating to this type of issue in the forums but am creating a new topic as requested.

I have already followed the v2 clean uninstall and re-install procedures and have also removed the pre-existing A/V product (McAfee Viruscan 8.8 PL4) just to be on the safe side.  To give a bit of background we run MBAM "pro" on 100 Windows 7 clients and this is the first problem of this kind that we have experienced in any of our offices although a number of the clients are still running v1 and have not updated themselves yet.  The affected laptop is a Dell Latitude E6410 running 32-bit English Windows 7 SP1 and all windows updates are up-to-date as of today (28.05.14).  It is located in our Sydney office.

I have attached screenshots of the errors when MBAM crashes during update, the logs from FRST and the logs from Mbam-Check.

Hopefully someone can help.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

post-109002-0-54399400-1401283872_thumb.

post-109002-0-50929100-1401283873_thumb.

Hi:

Until the staff members arrive to review your logs, please try updating to the most current build, as that has resolved the "crash" issue for many users.

Also, since you mention that this is a business/office computer, your business license also entitles you to free, one-on-one support from the business help desk.  They may be reached by submitting a ticket here. :)

Thank You,

Thanks daledoc1.  As mentioned in my original post I have already followed the "MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x" procedures to no avail.  I have also attached the requested logs to my original post.  You make a good point about the corporate support and I have logged an issue there too.

When I follow the instructions at the link you posted the latest build is not available.  I can only download "mbam-setup-2-0-1-1004.exe".  Perhaps the latest build has been pulled for the time being?

I have run mbam.clean and re-installed the above version but still continue to have the same problem as before.

After the computer restarts, ensure that your antivirus is enabled and download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here and save it to your desktop.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146017

This link takes me to the download for 2.0.2.1012.

So does this one: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Are you seeing something else?

Perhaps clear your browser cache/history/cookies or try a different browser?

Thanks,

Tyrell have you followed the instructions and ran the mbam-clean tool to completely remove Malwarebytes, then ran the new installer you downloaded to see if it fixes the issue. Just want to make sure we started with a fresh install of the latest version. Let us know....

Hi Firefox, yes I've worked through the mbam.clean process, rebooted and installed the latest version (2.0.2.1012).  However I still experience the same crash when running the updater.

I noticed that the net.conf file was requested on another similar thread so I've attached a zipped copy of that file in case it helps.

net.zip

Thanks for the update Firefox.  I've just realised that technically the topic of this thread is now incorrect as I am running the latest version (2.0.2.1012) and not 2.0.1.1004 any more.  However as I am experiencing the same issue on either version it is still valid but I hope this doesnt cause any confusion.

I just ran some further testing and removing 2.0.2.1012 from the PC and re-installing 1.75.0.1300 does seem to improve the situation to a degree in that MBAM can now update itself and run a scan without crashing.  Obviously not a solution as such, but just feeding it back.

Hello DEADMONE and :welcome:

We are saddened to read you are having issues. Each computer is unique. Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions. They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.

Staffers and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi:

Crashing exactly the same way here too.  I did not have problems with Malwarebytes until this update on any of the 30 PC's in this office.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
If you were a home user, we would ask that you please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

>>>>HOWEVER, since you are a business customer, your Business license entitles you to free, one-on-one support from the dedicated Business Support Team. :)
To open a ticket with them, please complete the form here: MBAM Business Support.
They will be happy to assist you with getting MBAM up and running on your many systems.

In the interim, you might try a clean reinstall/upgrade to the latest build, as this has resolve many issues for many users:  MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

• 1 month later...

Hello KCraig and welcome aboard.

I am glad that yours is ok at this time.

This thread started last May  and the OP has not posted after June 2.   I am closing this thread to reduce/prevent potential confusion.

There is a pinned topic about this particular issue at this link

Thank you for choosing MBAM.