I want my Malwarebytes pro back

I hate this so called upgrade. IMHO it's the win 8 of malwarebytes. It does not do it's scheduled scans, it does not update like it should and I can't tell if it's even working. I went from having a secure PC that I trusted to having a PC that I'm not sure about, and am afraid to use for online banking, or transactions. Is there a way I can revert back to pro so I can trust my PC again.

Hello and :welcome:

You have not provided any hard facts that the new version is causing an issue on your system. Have you even tried it. We have over 3 million users already on the 2.x version and yes there are issues but version 1.75 still has issues as well that have not been resolved and at this point never will be resolved as it's end of life for further development. The 2.x version has a built-in rootkit scanner 1.75 does not, 2.0 can scan and parse text files to find and remove certain threats that affect some browsers of configuration files - 1.75 does not.

You're more than welcome to stay on 1.75 if you like but 2.0 is a far superior scanner.

That being said, and if you really want to go back to the older versions....

Well you really should let us work with you to see what's going on. If you simply stick with 1.75 and think you're okay then come next year when we no longer support 1.75 you'll really be stuck as you won't have another version to fall back on.

FWIW, users reverting back to old version also need to realize they won't be as secure with it. The new scan engine in 2.0 has some tweaks in it to deal with current threats that old version does not.

The team is reacting to suggestions and comments with new versions as quickly as possible as has been done in the past.

Try as they might, you can't please everyone and this happens with every version we release.

If you'd like to take the time to let us help you then let me know and we'll be more than happy to take a look and see what's going on.

Please read the following topic Diagnostic Logs and post back the logs when ready and we'll see if we can determine what's going on.

Thanks

NOTE: You can download Malwarebytes version 1.75 from =>Malwarebytes Box HERE<= and click on the BLUE box titled Download (9.8 MB)

Okay. I've been using the paid pro version 1.75 on 3 of my PC's for over a year and a half. 3 seperate licenses. I've never had a problem and I've recommended MBAM to at least 2 dozen people. That said, I've never had a problem until my main PC upgraded 2 weeks ago to premium. With 1.75 it would wake and scan my PC at the scheduled times of 5:55am and 9:55 pm daily and  update a couple times a day. This "premium" version does not wake my PC to scan and I don't see a option for that. I just went in to check when it scanned last and it hasn't for 2 days even though I have it scheduled again to scan twice a day.

Hi:

There were many problems with "waking" to scan -- it's too complicated, given different version of the Windows OS and its power management settings on individual computers.

It's really up to Windows whether the request from MBAM to "wake for scan" will be honored.
Because it generated a large portion of the helpdesk support tickets, it was dropped for 2.0.

It's really not necessary, if one configures the scheduled scans and updates correctly.

If you would like help, please start with some basic troubleshooting:

And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

We will be happy to assist you with installing and configuring it to run on your systems.

Thank You,