Windows Won't Start - How Can I Recover

Hi,

I ran the Malwarebytes scan with the rootkit option.  It found some problems and asked if I wanted to quarantine them.    I said yes.   Then it restarted my computer.    The initial sign on (Id and password) work.   Bu t it won't start windows  (8.1).  It just goes to a blank screen.    I tried coming up in windows safe mode and same problem.   I can get to the troubleshooting screen which has the ability to go to command line prompt.   PS.  I have a sold state drive.

Any help most appreciated. 

P.S.  If worst comes to worst, there is a Windows 8 Reset option on the menu which I believe reformats the drive and reinstalls window 8.  But I am not sure if this is the right thing to do.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!