Malicious Website protection disabled, wont enable.

Been running MWB Pro 2.0 happily for ages now, when suddenly I noticed the system tray icon had a red mark on it. It must of happened in the past hour as it was not like that before it.

When i opened it up it says

"your system is not fully protected" and under Real-time protection it says "Malicious website protection disabled, Malware protection enabled".

Clicking the "Fix Now" button does nothing.

restarting my computer did not fix this problem. I tried it twice.

I have been running MWB on a 64 bit windows 7 home edition computer since july 2012

I would really appreciate this getting fixed as soon as possible as things like this really trigger my anxiety. I would really rather not have to uninstall/reinstall this program as it will just cause me more stress.

I have not been on any weird sites or anything like that, just using the same safe ones I have been using for years.

Hello and :welcome:

Thank You

• 1 month later...

Sorry your still having problems...

You should not have to keep doing a clean install.... that being said, you will have to provide some diagnostic logs so the staff can see what may be causing your issue...

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

(the three files should be CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Thank You,

Firefox

Thanks for the understanding and sympathy, I do sincerely appreciate that, the reinstall worked (again), but of course I am terribly paranoid and anxious now that it will do this to me again. It is the last thing I wish to deal with when I come home from work.

I dont know if doing the scans/posting the logs will make any difference since I have just reinstalled, but I have included them anyhow. I should note I did scans with my Anti-virus Avast! and also RogueKiller and TDSSKiller, prior to uninstalling Malwarebytes as a precaution and none of those programs picked up anything.

Thanks in advance anyhow.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

Thanks for the logs, it would have been better to run the diagnostics while MBAM was not working correctly so that they could have seen the state it was in.

Anyway, lets wait for someone from staff/development team reviews them and see if they can find what may be causing it.

well, it did it again today. I woke up and woke up my computer from sleep mode, i got an errror say it's database was corrupt and if I wanted to DL a new version - i said yes, then about 5 minutes later the website protection error came back again and wont switch back on. Again. So here are "new" logs done while it is broken again. Had a quick look at the "Addition" log and theres a lot of errors in it :/

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

• Root Admin

The logs indicate that you're having possible disk issues and Window search issues as well as a few other issues in the logs.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

If you open a topic and link back to this post and let me know via PM I'll try to assist you with cleaning up the computer and getting it working better.

Thanks