Help on Update / Scan function

Hi, have the same problem since yesterday.

Version 2 was long ago installed.

Yesterday. after checking some websites, the computer became slower and did not allow me to run Malware

Run Malwarebytes, using Chameleon (worked well in the first trial) with no infections detected.

However, now it keeps telling me it is out of date and turns off when I try to update (please see JPG file).

I went to Diagnostic Logs and attached the files.

Many thanks.

(using Windows 7-32bit-MBAM Premium in Australia)

post-156268-0-34965500-1400996693_thumb.

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hi daledoc1,

Thank you for your reply.

However, please note that the other post is really another post as it refers to another computer (Windows 8.1-64bit).

In common they have MBAM premium installed, which was updated in both computers from the PRO version two weeks ago and had been working fine (with scheduled scans) until yesterday.

Best

aussiemoonlight

Hi, @aussiemoonlight:

Sorry, I didn't catch that.

However, this topic was started by @wlrdlr63.

So, for the sake of providing individualized assistance to each user with minimal confusion, we still try to adhere to "one user per topic" for the reasons already mentioned.

We'll need to wait for the mod team to split off your posts here into a separate thread and to review your scan logs.

However, preliminary review shows that you are still running an older version of MBAM.

So, the first step will be the same as that recommended to the OP in the original reply here -- Clean upgrade to latest build: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please run the scanning tools and generate a fresh set of diagnostic logs (there will only be one log from FRST this 2nd time).

ALSO: please be sure both your system date and system time are correct, AND please be sure your AV/firewall are not blocking MBAM from running or updating.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Let's try again, @aussiemoonlight. :)

If I understand you correctly, you have 2 different computers with problems?

Computer 1: a Win8 (64-bit) system for which you have opened a topic in the malware removal section >>here<<?

Computer 2: a Win7 (32-bit) system for which you have posted replies here in this topic that was started by a different user??

Is that correct?

Hi, @aussiemoonlight:

Please re-read my earlier replies regarding posting in topics started by other users.  As you can see, it generates confusion for everyone. :(

Computer 1 (Win8): Please wait in your malware removal section topic for a helper -- please be patient, as the forum is quite busy, it's a long holiday weekend in the U.S., and most of the helpers are volunteers.  Someone will help you as soon as possible.

Computer 2 (Win7):  Your replies here in this thread belong in a SEPARATE topic for you (one user and one computer per topic, as explained).  The mod team will split out your replies here and put them in a new separate topic for you when they arrive.  That way, both you and OP can receive proper, individualized help.  There is no need at this time to start yet another topic. 

However, in the interim, please follow the steps here to upgrade this system to the current version of MBAM 2.0: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x  Doing so may resolve your issues.

ALSO, as previously advised, please check your system date/time to be sure they are correct and please be sure MBAM has full permissions in your AV and firewall.

P.S.  It would greatly minimize confusion for everyone if you could log in publicly when you are here and posting.  That will reduce the likelihood of your posts crossing with those of forum helpers. (I am logged in privately because it facilitates my identifying spammers.)

@wlrdlr63:

Sorry that your topic has been inadvertently hijacked by other users.

Have you resolved your issues?

Thanks,

@daledoc1

Thank you very much for all your effort.

Maurice separated this topic with this title special title

I already reinstalled the program following you instructions (MBAM clear removal process 2.x)

But still is giving error updating (did not make even the first update-please see picture below)

Also attaching a "fresh" set of attachments as recommended by you.

post-156268-0-81333600-1401069159_thumb.

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hello,

Please do these steps as outlined ( all of them and as much as possible, all ) just one more time.

The intent is to insure all of the old is removed, then to insure a new setup is done & done ok.   Then later we can cover more about the "update" process.

As we go along, if something is not clear or you have some question, please ask me first.
**If there is some complication, please do not do any fix by yourself.  Stop and ask me first for guidance.**

Go to Control Panel >>All Control Panel items >> Programs and Features.
Locate and select Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and  (( if not there then skip this part ))   do a Right click on it and select Uninstall.
Allow the Uninstall to proceed.
Close Control Panel when done.

If the uninstall from Control Panel hiccups or does not work, please go forward and use the mbam-clean step  anyway.

Close all opened windows/apps so you will have a clear view to the desktop.
I would suggest, a new clean install as follows:
Download and SAVE  mbam-clean utility from  http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean

then run mbam-clean.exe:   Double click the "mbam-clean-2.0.2.0.exe" file to run the clean tool. It runs quickly.

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important

Next Download & SAVE  the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from
http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam

Run the mbam-setup.  IF your Windows is Vista / Windows 7 / 8, then do a Right-click on **mbam-setup.exe** and select Run as Administrator and allow to run.
Then after the setup has finished, on the Dashboard screen, press the **Update now** link.
Let me know if the update succeeds.   If it does not, just only make a note and DO restart Windows.

When all done, do a new (fresh) Windows Restart.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Not seeing anything specific, but there are a few items that need to be addressed. Its better to make sure and check this computer to make sure its not due to an infection. Once this is sorted out, if your still having issues come back and repost here.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Thanks Maurice

did everything you suggested

even the clean tool (although the uninstall worked fine)

including the double final restarts

unfortunately the update did not work (please see image) and the program stoped working

the only difference I see is that I have the free version installed now instead of the premium version 

Thanks Firefox

not sure how can I accomplish your suggestion of "check the computer to make sure its not due to one infection" if MBAM does neither scan nor updates

Best

post-156268-0-96933900-1401279668_thumb.

Many thanks Maurice.

Will do.

By the way, I do have another computer--the main desktop I work on all the time--with a similar problem (thread name "Malware bytes premium does not run").

The link is mentioned by daledoc1 above.

The thread was posted on 25 May, but did not have any answer so far.

I am afraid it may be seen as a repetition of this thread, therefore abandoned foreever

Would you have any recommendation about what to do? (repost it, go to Firefox's link, or other)

Many thanks for your patience.

best

FYI if the post was created on the 25th and today is the 28th ---actually a 3-day or so wait is not all that large for free help.

Do have lots of patience.   If you post in malware removal help, post just once about a given system.

and remember, most there are volunteers.

and that lots of the helpers are also have a regular life to lead and have other commitments as well.

You may consider too getting free help at some other sister sites, just do not post the same issue on more than one forum.  That is to say, open a case on 1 forum only, and if you decide to use outside sources, tell the old-venue to close the old thread.

I would recommend Spywarehammer  at http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php