Scan as Admin or not?

I am running Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64 bit as a standard user. I noticed that MBAM 2.0.0.2012 does not have Admin access by default. I am wondering if it matters if I scan my with Admin access or not? Will the program still detect the threats if running limited? It would seem to me that it could miss some threats since it would not have access to certain areas?

Scanning manually may not yield the same results during the removal process. It will find the detections OK, but removing some malware will require admin rights. You can simply right click the Malwarebytes icon and choose run as admin.

Why would you remove any scheduled scans? Those scans can be setup and they will run as an admin every time....

I right-clicked on the icon and chose Run as Admin, but the scan ran under limited account. I set a scheduled scan (right-click; run as Admin). The scheduled scan also ran under limited account. I also tried to scan using the icon in systray - No difference. Then only way to get it to scan under admin is to exit the program; using the icon in the systray and restart (Right-clicked - Run as Admin). You have to do this every time you log in to your standard user account. It has been this way since the first 2.0 version has been released. I was hoping that Malwarebytes would change this behavior, but I guess it is supposed to work this way. I have not had any infections detected, so I guess I will have to see how MBAM will behave in removing any, if found.

What you probably need to do, is login to your computer as an admin. Once you have done that, open up Malwarebytes and create the scheduled scan. Now that it has been setup in the scheduled scans as an admin, when you are logged into the computer as a limited user, it will still perform the scans as the admin, and if anything gets detected you will be able to remove the threats.

I tried what you suggested. I logged in to my admin acct and setup a scheduled scan, but it did not work. It still scans with no admin rights under the standard user. I know this is because MBAM is already running when you log into your standard acct. The only way to get it to scan is; exit the program using the icon in the systray and then start the program again by right-clicking > run as admin.  You have to do this every time you log in as a standard user.

Interestingly, the Free version does not have this problem since nothing is running in the systray. You can right-click on the icon and run as admin. I think users need some clarification whether we are supposed to scan with admin rights or is it sufficient to scan under a standard user?

If I may interject:

Running MBAM Premium on Windows 7, every time I manually run MBAM (after having removed it from the system tray, IOW, exited out completely from the program) and it starts, it runs as admin.  From that point on, Process hacker shows mbam.exe with full elevation privileges....