Won,t update

I,m getting a popup on my desktop screen telling me I need to do a update but when I hit the update button it doesn,t do it. If I try to close that popup it keeps coming back up. If I go to the malware page & hit the update button it won,t update there either. What can I do about that. I am a premium member.

Hello and :welcome::

Some easy things to check: Have your rebooted the computer since the install or upgrade?  Is your system date/time correct?  Could your AV/firewall be blocking the program?

If none of this resolves the issue:

Thank You,

Same issue here. I ran an update yesterday which installed the new version of Malwarebytes. Installation ran fine, including license showing active, but I have the same problem with Database updates.

I've tried clean removal and reinstallation but no improvement

Running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit

AVG Internet Security 2013

Note I set up firewall to allow access for mbam.exe and no change. Also did a temporary disable on firewall and still cannot update database.

It looks like a number of people are having problems with this, so hoping a fix is discovered soon with some instructions on how to implement.

Thanks

Cas

@ aussiemoonlight:

I see that you have opened another topic over in the malware removal section HERE -- please stay with that topic until a helper has worked with you and given you the "all clear".

@ cas_99:

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks to you both for your patience and understanding,