Anti-malware stopped working

Malware bytes anti-malware has stopped working. when I try to run the program it informs me that it has stopped working, offers to close the program or check for a solution. Checking for a solution, just closes dialog box.

Uninstalled program, tried to reinstall, get fatal exception errors several times during the install process, program installs but won't work, see above.

Only thing new on system is itunes needed to move content to new iphone, not sure if anti-malware stopped prior to itunes install or not.

Please advise as to how to get anti-malware working again.

Thanks

Hello and :welcome:, PJH:

I understand that you tried reinstalling at least once already.

However, it's not clear if that used the recommended procedure (with the removal tool) and reinstalling the current build (2.0.2.1012).

So, I would suggest trying these steps first:

Thank You,

@Aerman:

Thanks but that's not very sound advice.

Support for 1.75 will end eventually.

It would be preferable for @PJH to permit the staff/experts to sort out issues with 2.0.

Also, I notice that you already have your own topic here

Please stay with that thread, rather than hijacking topics started by other users.

It merely confuses things for everyone and makes it hard to help.

@PJH:

Please update us -- is your issue resolved, or do you still need help?

Thanks,

Malware bytes anti-malware has stopped working. when I try to run the program it informs me that it has stopped working, offers to close the program or check for a solution. Checking for a solution, just closes dialog box.

tried to reinstall, get fatal exception errors several times during the install process, program installs but won't work, see above.

Hello PJH and welcome to Malwarebytes forum.

First, do follow Daledoc's advice.

I have highlighted a couple of your sentences for purpose of pointing out some things:

(1) that was Windows advising you that the program stopped ( abended in geek terms / abnormal termination)  and the "offer" to find a solution is from Windows itself.   That typically is not useful as it rarely can do a cure on -anybody's application.

(2)This is the more important point.  It would have been great if you had written down / documented the verbatim text of the error message(s) and reported that to us.  Optionally taken a screenshot image of that "error" window.

The clean removal process will take care of the issue in the vast majority of cases.

In some minority of cases, this issue may be due to a serious rogue or rootkit infection.

Back to the "error" message itself, I would be curious if it said something like

Internal error: Expression error 'Runtime Error ........ External exception E06D7363.'

or had a message window like this one

post-2622-0-21883500-1401277231_thumb.pn