Issue with SBS 2003 server remote access since v2.0.1 install

We have just updated a customers copy of AM on a SBS2003 which was OK and all worked well. However since installing version2.0.1 we cant use either SBS Remote access or Windows RDC tools using either ports 443 or 3389

We assume the system is blocking the remote access as it may think its a malicious IP attack ??

I see you have in the new prem' version the ability to block or unblock certain IPA's etc - this is good and suggests our assume maybe correct but  this is no use if you use DDNS addressing - we need the ability of entering DDNS addresses please....

We will be on client site shortly so will know if this is the true reason for non access as we only have access to the router remotely ATM 

That is actually a good suggestion.

However, this also begs a slightly different question:

Why is a customer of yours using a non-business related product on a business class server OS (and here I am making the assumption that you are referring to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, AKA MBAM, as opposed to the Small Business Edition or Enterprise Edition)?  Mind you I am not chiding you, just simply curious.  I suspect that this may, in fact, be against the ToS for the MBAM consumer product, but that is ultimately up to your customer.

• Root Admin

Well Server is not officially supported though we do have thousands of users running it on all the various server platforms. You may want to try a clean removal and reinstall and see if that corrects the issue for you or not.

1. Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest version. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs. - Diagnostic Logs
  3. NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here: - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

If that does not correct it then there may be some other conflict going on but also as said the Consumer version of MBAM running on a Server is against the EULA (End User License Agreement) and there is no support for such use.