Help with MBAM settings

Do not Like the new user interface...that being said. How can I continue to update my 1.75.0.1300 version Fingerprints, with out the updater updating to one of the newer 2.0 version. Have really liked Malwarebytes Free version productes, the newer versions are kind of a deal breaker for me. The version 1.75.0.1300 works very well for my needs. Please advise through forum or email me. THANKS.

P.S. em a new member and I found it difficult on how to post in forum.

Still use XP...also Malwarebytes 1.75.0.1300, both of these work great for my needs. I only go to 3 or maybe 4 different web sites.

When updating on 5-20-14, MBAM updated to one of the 2.0 version, first off I do not care for a user interface update with out asking(even though I'm using the Free version)also I tryed the 2.0 version, and do not like it. I was able to uninstall it and reinstall the 1.75.0.1300 version and update it. My question is...how can I keep updating the Fingerprints for version 1.75.0.1300 with out the updater updating to one of the 2.0 version???? Please advise through forum post . THANKS

Edited by Maurice Naggar
email removed

Hello shadow88 and Welcome....

To prolong the automatic major update of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO) to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium), please follow these instructions:

Note well: Though the Lifetime license has been written about ad nauseam, eventually Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v1.75 support will not be practical and database updates will no longer be served.

• Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware user interface (UI).
  • Single left-click Settings.
  • Single left-click Updater Settings.
  • Un-tick:
    • Download and install program update if available.
    • Notify me when a program update is ready for installation.
  • Close the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware user interface.
Please refer to the attachment below.

post-17252-0-91292200-1397387192.png

Hi, DHL:

I've always been rather confused by these 2 settings, but are you sure that @shadow88 needs to disable only the one, and not both?

Also, if you didn't already have these setting(s) disabled, and the updated program version has already downloaded, you'll need to remove it from the download destination folder.  Otherwise, you will be nagged to install it.

FWIW, The reason to use the newer version is that it has: built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot.

Also, as DHL pointed out, support for 1.75 will end eventually.  So, there's a good reason to upgrade soon and to permit the staff to help you iron out any problems. Otherwise, you will be out of luck when 1.75 support ends.

Having said that, it's entirely up to you, of course.

Cheers,

daledoc1

P.S. OOPS! It appears that shadow88 has a duplicate cross-post here? ;)  Perhaps the mod team will split of both of these and merge them to a new, separate topic for @shadow88.

post-29793-0-10171100-1400779948_thumb.p

Hi David thanks for the Info..but that box was/is unchecked, and on 5-20-14 the updater still updated to a 2.0 version. On all my computers on all OS's any and all software and or programs that can be updated the Auto Update is turned OFF. I prefer to update myself manually. It would be very helpful in programs like Malwarebytes, would indicate that it is updating to a different version, just a thought. Today I attempted to update Malwarebytes, but it showed that it was updating a little over 8 megs. Which is what it showed on the 20th so I stopped it. I would really like to be able to know it it is updating a 2.0 version or just a regular update!!!!

Hi:

Well, if you are being nagged to install the program update, then those settings must have been enabled somehow.
I have always controlled my own program updates for MBAM (and other software), too.
The updater would never have downloaded (or installed) the PROGRAM update to 2.0 without those settings enabled.

So, you might want to check the download destination folder - if the file is there, as I mentioned earlier, you'll need to remove it to stop the nags.

Depending on your version of Windows, to stop the notification to install new version, even if you already disabled the notification, it's prompting you to install new version because it already downloaded the upgrade exe file. You need to delete that file.

In Win7, the file is located here: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam-setup.exe

daledoc1

P.S. I will ask the mod team to split off your posts here and in the other forum section to a new separate topic for you (as this is rapidly drifting off-topic from the OP's subject). ;)