I have an IEXPLORE.EXE pf file.

I have scanned with multiple free tools, including malwarebytes, and they seem clean. But I am sure I still have something. I'm having issues with the iexplore.exe virus. There are usually 2-4 instances of iexplore.exe running in my task mngr processes. Sometimes, they close out/terminate only to reappear again in <30 minutes. Although I don't get redirection issues that much anymore (happened a few times in the past 2 days), I am very confident that this virus still remains on my computer.

I did a file search for iexplore.exe and found one suspect file called,  IEXPLORE.EXE-2D97EBE6.pf

My computer now cannot use "system restore to an earlier point", and will not allow me to boot in safe mode. I need help and am a relative novice navigating around the pc.

Any help?

Thank you in advance.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Hi, @KenW:

Thanks for that information.

You are just trying to help, of course.

Please note, however, that the OP has described serious problems with his system.

The sort of work needed to resolve this cannot be performed in this particular area of the forum.

It is handled elsewhere by trained experts, either at the help desk or another area of the forum.

That's why @Firefox provided the suggestions that he did.

Moreover, we "regular" forum members are not permitted to provide malware removal advice.

@cortforshort:

I suggest that you please follow the advice provided by @Firefox.

One of the experts will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,

daledoc1