Failing to Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

HI 

New here, I installed the trial version of the software, and was impressed with it so bought the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and it was working fine and now it suddenly stopped working.

Every time i try to launch the software i get the message "Malwarebytes has stopped working",

Steps I have Taken

I have tried using Malwarebytes Chameleon to try at start up with no luck.

I have uninstalled the software and when attempting to install again i keep getting "External Exception E06D7363 Error"

I did a system restore and again failed to solve problem and now my Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 also fails to start up.

Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.

If this is on the section, please move the thread

Thank You

Abdul

Hi, Abdul:

Welcome.

Rolling back your system using Windows System Restore will often "break" security programs, including MBAM and KIS (I use KIS myself).

They will both likely need to be cleanly reinstalled.

If you think you might be or are infected, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will assist you with your issue and with getting MBAM and your other security programs reinstalled.

This is probably the best way to proceed at this time.

Otherwise (if you do NOT think you are infected), for MBAM, I suggest that you please follow the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.

For KIS, there are instructions for cleanly reinstalling at their user forum here and here.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Thank you for the quick response

I dont think i am infected, 1 day it was working the next day it just stopped.. I am careful on what sites i go to and what files i download and open.

Last year my hard disk got corrupt and my local IT shops fixed it, and installed Kaspersky Internet Security with 1 year subscription so I do not have a disk for Kaspersky Internet Security.

I might just purchase it again as the subscription was going to run out in few weeks anyway. Is Kaspersky Internet Security best anti virus to use along side MBAM?

Hi:

It's up to you, of course. :)

MBAM:

Unfortunately, using System Restore to "fix" it may well have broken it.

So, I would suggest a clean reinstall, as explained in my earlier reply.

If that doesn't work, then please post back with the requested diagnostic logs, as suggested here: Diagnostic Logs.

KIS:

Using System Restore more than likely broke it.

Typically, this means one needs to reinstall it - the links to the relevant topics at the KL forum are in my earlier reply.

You do not need -- and should not use -- a CD to reinstall because the program version will be very outdated.

It is best to reinstall from a fresh download, following the instructions in the links in my earlier reply.

As for "best" AV, there really is no such thing.

If there were, then there would not be many, many AV products on the market.

It's up to each user to find the best AV for his/her needs, budget, computer resources.

This pinned topic has some recommendations and resources: List of well known antivirus products

Thank you,

daledoc1