[SOLVED] MBAE and Windows Media Player

BethD

I downloaded MBAE a few days back and it has been working fine with no problems until yesterday. I tried to watch a DVD on my laptop (one which I have watched several times on this computer in the past) but MBAE blocked it as an exploit. I tried another DVD and the same thing happened. I turned off MBAE and the DVD started playing with no problems so I turned MBAE back on and it immediately stopped the DVD and shut down Windows Media Player saying there was an exploit blocked.

I uninstalled and re-installed and it is still happening, I looked to see if I could exclude Windows Media Player but it won't let me. My father checked our desk top computer which also has MBAE installed and that will play DVD's fine.

Have I missed something obvious or am I not doing something that I should be doing? Am I going to have to turn MBAE off every time I wish to play a DVD?

I use WIndows 7 64 bit and the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and thought the anti-exploit would be a good addition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I followed the instructions for the MBAE logs but I am not sure what it is I am meant to be A) finding and B) attaching. I ended up searching for C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit because it was not immediately evident when I opened the C drive and it brought up a list of files including "mbae - alerts" "mbae - defaults" "mbae - service" these were all text files while everything else was DAT files. Are any of these what you are looking for?

I ran the DDS though and have two reports, do you want both of them?

Sorry I'm not the most tech savy person in the world.

• Staff

Yes, those are the ones (mbae-alert.log, mbae-default,log, dat files, xpe file, etc.). Basically I need all those files.

As for the two DDS logs please attach them here as well. You can click on the "More Reply Options" below and attach the files one by one.

Thanks!

I downloaded the Anti-Exploit software and I now discover that it blocks my Windows Media Player.  I have to either shut off the Anti-Exploit or use my McStar player to play my DVDs.  How can I remove the shield for my Windows Media Player.  This problem is true for both of my PCs covered with this software.

Melton Strauss

Edited by AdvancedSetup
email link removed to prevent harvesting

• Staff

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting buttsies. This is a known issue that we are currently investigating. As there is an existing thread about this in the Product Support sub-forum I will merge this with the original thread.

• 2 weeks later...