Can't turn on Malicious Website Protection

Updated to Premium version 2.0.1.1004 a day or two ago and the interface looks quite different. On booting today, (Windows 8.1) I noticed a little red exclamation mark on the icon in the tray. Double clicking brings up a "Your system is not fully protected" window, with a "Fix Now" button that does absolutely nothing when clicked.

Malicious Webite Protection is disabled, and even when turned on, both in "Settings - Detection & Protection" and right clicking the tray icon, it doesn't actually turn on. The red exclamation mark remains.

After a cold boot, it re-appears, and Malicious Website Protection" is turned off again.

This has only happened since a major update.

Any clues how to get it working properly?

post-164203-0-64526500-1400645905_thumb.

Hello and :welcome:

Thank You,

daledoc1

Now this is strange! Updated to version 2.0.2.1012 and all was working fine. 8 hours later, the same thing has happened and the red exclamation mark returned! Is something turning off Malicious Website Protection?

I can't go through the uninstall & reinstall process twice a day can I. I have so far today, and it's working again now.

This is not good, but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Thanks for being patient, I am not seeing anything specific, but you do have some other services/software failing on this computer. It would probably be better to have one of the experts assist you to rule out any possible infection or conflict.

To have an expert assist you and to rule out any infections, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Thanks for your response.

Exactly what do you mean by "you do have some other services/software failing on this computer." What is supposedly failing? It's a recent fresh install of Windows 8, and I think it's most unlikely I have a virus or malware present.

If there is malware present, how did it get through your security? Why do you think it's a "possibly infected computer"?

Thanks

skcusime once again I did not say you were infected or possibly infected. Take a look at your log file if you want to see the errors. Look under Application errors and System errors:

There you can read all the different errors your getting relating to stuff such as errors with your Nvidia software, failure to create restore points, failure to install Windows Defender updates just to name a few.

I can not force your hand to do anything with this computer, its yours and its up to you what you do with it. We can not provide any further assistance here in this section of the forum, you have already been instructed where you need to go seek the help.

Archived