billyg1943

winbox.exe - trojan.routeros (again?)

Found a reference to this in this forum dated 2010. Is this happening again?

Windows 8.1

Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Database updated this am.

winbox.zip

I am not able to replicate this, please attach/post the scan log that includes this detection.

My scan just picked it up as a Trojan.Routeros too. I use Winbox to manage my Mikrotik routers that I use and it is perfectly safe.

I have attached the log files in the 2 exportable formats, and the exact winbox.exe that it scanned.

log.txt

log.xml

winbox.zip

Unchosen and Allan_SystemForceIT:

Please reference: Please read before reporting a false positive

Post #2

If you are not a member of Staff or Experts group please do not reply to other users posts in either the File or Web Blocking forums.

Thank you both for understanding.

This will be fixed in the next update.

File added to filtering to prevent from hitting again. Thanks for reporting.

I'm aware of not posting on others' topic, but it's been overdue. When can we expect for a fix for this problem? My Winbox is repeatedly wiped by MBAM. While I'm aware I can exclude it from being scanned, sometimes on some machines I can't remember to do it when it matters most.

trashcanbin10:

If you are aware, why could you not just create a new thread of your own according the sub-forum guidelines ?  Please read before reporting a false positive

Please create a new thread of your own.  Include a detection log and copies of the files deemed to be a False Positive.  Just posting a "Me Too" in someone else's thread is not going to help the Malwarebytes' Malware Researchers help you.

This issue was fixed and that file hasnt been detected since then. So please follow david's instructions so we can figure out the issue that you are having.

Thanks.