Tune up Utilities

pcpunk

yep ... i am no fan of google chrome ... there was quite the *discussion* about some of the tactics used by google and chrome itself .

personally , i'd loose chrome .

"Some of the guys from BC ran some tools on my pc that should have cleaned it up so maybe it is just my old system having slow startup."

who/what is "BC" ?

what is the full model number and service tag number of your machine ?

If your computer is too slow to browse the internet, it might be time for a new one.

If you need help building a new computer, feel free to ask. Something with 2GB of RAM is likely to be ancient and not worth upgrading.

What are the rest of your specs?

Computer is not to slow to browse but Google Chrome startup was a bit slow, it's better now.  Computer start is a bit slow but not bad.  I think I am going to Windows7 with this computer and add some RAM. Thanks for the offer.

I have been using both GC and FF browsers to see what I will be using in the future but the more I think about it I might just as well keep both on pc as I find it beneficial to have both.  It is also just good to know how to use both just in case I am on another computer. 

post make and model of your machine .

some machines will not move from XP to W7 .

W7 will run with 2 gigs of ram but 4 gigs will improve the running (overall) .

sometimes a machine is not worth spending the money on .

when you get done buying an OS , ram , maybe a new hard drive ... you still have the the old PSU , case fans and motherboard ...

how long will it be before something dies ?

it is better to invest the money that you would have spent on the old machine on a new machine .

post make and model of your machine .

some machines will not move from XP to W7 .

W7 will run with 2 gigs of ram but 4 gigs will improve the running (overall) .

sometimes a machine is not worth spending the money on .

when you get done buying an OS , ram , maybe a new hard drive ... you still have the the old PSU , case fans and motherboard ...

how long will it be before something dies ?

it is better to invest the money that you would have spent on the old machine on a new machine .

Yes I am aware of all this but a friend is going to help me out and upgrade to W7. I already checked that my machine will run W7 and hate the idea of buying a new computer.  I don't use it that much and hate to be forced into buying new tech when I do not feel it is justified, I don't want to put that money in the hands of MS just because they do not want to support XP anymore.  Perhaps there is more to it than that but I don't care.  I don't buy into all this newer is better so just move on.  I am old school and don't want to waste a bunch of money on NEW stuff that I don't even like.  I love my old pc, out of all the ones I have looked at they look cheap and the nice ones are just too much.  It has to be a very low cost venture for me or I will just go without, I will just spend more time riding my bike or something lol.  I wish I could just milk this machine for a while but that is not looking good lol.  Probably only safe to do so for a few more days now.  Very happy to get your opinion though and if things change in my life soon I will just go down and get a new laptop and have at it,learn the new 8 or maybe even get a W7, don't know yet.