Mbam preventing Windows from shutting down

Each night, as I shut down my computer, I get a message stating, "mbam is preventing Windows from shutting down". There are no scans going at this time, so I do not know why mbam would be the cause for my computer to not shut down.

I have the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) 2.0.1.1004 (beta) version.

Please let me know how I can successfully shut down my computer without each time having to shut down mbam by force.

Thank you!

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

1. Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue or not. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. Please try installing the new beta which has corrected some previously reported issues: - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 Public Beta
  3. If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs. - Diagnostic Logs
  4. NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here: - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thank You

Thanks so much for your reply!  Before I begin with your first suggestion, the MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x, I'd want to make sure I can reinstall the FREE Premium Beta version that I'm using (or a newer version if there is one).  There was a freebie a while back for downloading and using this version, and I'm worried that if I remove it, I won't be able to get it again.

Same question with the new beta version - I don't know that I can get the codes I'd need to use this software for free.

UPDATE:  Decided to go with suggestion #2 first.  Downloaded and installed easily.  I'll see how things go tonight when I shut down my computer.  Maybe an "upgrade" was all I needed!  Will report back tomorrow on whether it worked or not.

Thanks again!

Good morning!  Came back to let you know that my computer shut down last night without any problems!  I guess updating the program worked!

I do have a question:  Why is there only the option to update the Settings, but not the program itself?  In many programs, there is an option to "check for updates", but I cannot find one anywhere with MBAM. 

:)

Ok, but I've been using the 2.x program (the first of the Betas) for a while now and the version number has never changed on it's own, although I do know it's updated the definitions (or I do them manually if I happen to look at it).

Is it just with the very latest 2.x version that the program updates at the same time it checks for definition updates?   Under the Automated Scheduling tab in Settings, I see it says,
"Check for Updates", but doesn't specify if that's for the program itself, the definitions, or both. 

It will only update the program when they release an official build (not betas) If you want to upgrade the program with a newer beta you would have to download and install that beta.

Check for updates is checking for Program Updates, Definition Updates, and Rootkit Definition updates as well.