Why Am I Getting A Strange Audio Plug-in Message After Cleaning?

Hello,

I cleaned my desktop today for the first time since I bought it less than a year ago- it was pretty clean. I had help reconnecting everything that needed to be plugged in. Now when I start it up, I get a strange notice regarding plugging in a microphone which I don't have. What to do? See attached.

Anne

Btw, for some reason my attachment is not being accepted?

hmmm ...

without seeing the screen shot , i will hazard that it is a legitimate notification .

it may be part of the audio controller/manager program that notifies when a device is plugged in and asks for verification .

this is considered a part of what is sometimes called "mapping" or assigning of "what-is-plugged-in-and-going-where" .

no idea on the attachment

You accidentally unplugged it and then reconnected it and your computer has an "intelligent" interface that detected the change such as speakers, mic, line-in, etc.

If the forum does not accept the file type for an upload attachment, place it (the file to be uploaded) in an archive container such as a ZIP or RAR and then upload that archive container.

Hello CWB and David,

David- Would you please tell me or get me to a tutorial explaining how to make an archive container be it a Zip or RAR? I don't know why the website doesn't like my attachment because it is only a garden variety JPEG  Sheesh

Anne

How to create a compressed ZIP file

Garden variety JPEG files should attach with no problem.  It is just a matter of...

1.  Choose "More Reply Options" at the bottom right of the web form

2. When the page changes, choose "Choose Files..." at the bottom left of the web form.

Hello David,

I started my machine today and there was no message window. You are probably right about a usb plug that wasn't there to begin with after unplugging and cleaning. Thank you for your assistance!

Anne