remove selected

I have recently come back to malwarebytes it is different now. When I run a scan there is a box next to everything found at the end of the scan. Have I got to check all of these boxes and then remove selected? There seems to be no button to select all items some times there are more than a thousand boxes to check.

Hello and :welcome: , tontoe:

In version 2.x there is a new feature at the end of the scan to allow the user to "Quarantine All" -- see screenshot.

Having said that, if you are repeatedly getting a lot of detections ("thousands"?!?), then it sounds as if you may have persistent malware remnants and/or you are being reinfected.
It might be a good idea to have one of the malware experts assist you with checking and cleaning the computer once and for all?
To do so, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process.

The help is free and will only cost you a bit of your time.

Thanks,

daledoc1

post-29793-0-45612600-1400498275_thumb.p

Yeh I have noticed it is so in my recent download of malwarebytes, it was my neighbours computer that had more than a thousand items found most of them pups he checked each one it took him a long time. I know since reading someones post on this forum that all he had to do was left click on one of the items to highlight it and then right click and check select all. Why could'ent this have been put in brackets. This was the reason I stopped using malwarebytes. The new malwarebytes is a lot better.

Hi:

Well, since you mentioned the new version, I missed the fact that you were referring to version 1.75. :)

Yes, there is a way to remove all detected items AFTER a scan with 1.75, as you described.

One can also change the 1.75 settings so that PUPs and PUMs with be BOTH detected AND marked for automatic removal, as described in this blog post: http://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2013/09/selecting-all-pups/

(In version 2.0, PUPs and PUMs are already set for automatic removal by default.)

Thanks,

daledoc1