The "Ultimate" internet protection - MWB Free blocking internet access

Have just recently formatted my computer and decided to not go back to AVG because of the problems it's been having with Steam and other things.  I used other programs other than MWB Free but have decided to come back to it because when used in tandem with other programs I have just as much protection as AVG provided.

However an interesting problem has occured.  When I installed it I was completely blocked from internet access.  My MB port is not working so I am using a USB Ethernet adapter for access.  After a long search on the web and through my computer and MWB itself that produced nothing I removed the program.  After getting access restored I installed the program again just to be sure and within seconds I was blocked from the internet again.

I couldn't find anything in MWB that I thought was relevant and I'm sure it's not my computer or reinstallation since I had access before MWB but I'll be damned if I can figure out what to do on my own.  I could really use some help in finding out what to configure to keep this from happening.

Hello and :welcome:, Synnastyr:

I've not seen any reports of MBAM blocking internet access on its own, on an uninfected machine that with properly configured hardware/software.

It might be something else.

If you would like to proceed with routine program troubleshooting, please start with steps #1 and #2.

If you would like to skip to diagnostics, please proceed with the steps in the link in step #3 and post back here with the logs.

The staff will review them and try to determine what the problem is:

Thank You,

daledoc1

P.S. Are you the same person as Synnasty, by any chance? If so, the mod team will probably delete your duplicate account. :)

The Beta couldn't even upate itself until I turned off both protections.

Both the FRST file and the Addition file have been attached as per the request on the Diagnostic Logs page.

Something in MWB is blocking the ethernet program the USB connector uses because nothing has changed yet.

Yes they can delete it because sometimes I'm a fumble fingered idjit when I type.

Synnastyr it looks as if you forgot to add the logs...

In order to attach files you click on the button on the bottom right of your reply called "More Reply Options".

post-119961-0-49470200-1360187788.png

After you will be taken to a new screen and you can attach files by clicking on the button "Choose Files" at the bottom.

post-119961-0-01266900-1360187805.png

No one has replied for eight days, thanks for the lack of help.

Hello Synnastyr:

Although totally un-necessary, a few members will post their requested individual attachment files in separate posts.

It is likely that the forum awaited your still missing Log Set 2, and your thread was regrettably passed over.

If you performed the requested mbam-check.exe step, and you forgot to attach the CheckResults.txt file, please do so now.

If you overlooked that 2nd diagnostic step, please perform that necessary critical step now.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. :)

Archived