My feedback to the new 2.x

I really hate this new UI It looks like a fake antivirus software now!  It is no longer the professional looking product it was before! 

Hate List

1. Look is awful (looks and feels like an unprofessional fake antivirus software now)

2. I never use the web protection so with this version there is this awful ugly icon with a red ! on it all the time

3. It hangs and stops responding for the simplest task!  Updating took forever because it stopped responding!

4. Scanning is slower again because of the awful graphics having to update

I went and did a torrent search to go find version 1.75 again so I could reinstall it and uninstall this horrible new version.

Not everyone is into fancy candy graphics.  Professional technicians and administrators do not care for it we want simple, easy, low foot print, low memory, and low cpu usage application that does it's job.  My Windows 7 has the original look of Windows 2000 classic and when people look at my Windows they think I am still running Windows XP.  Please keep the pro/premium version looking professional and get rid of the new ugly UI.  You want that UI for free version fine that will make more people pay for the premium/pro to get rid of it but do not put it on a professional product like this.

Can't blame you there wanting the 1.75... version back,

I'd be getting it there too if not for my 2 year extended download contract ;)

Don't forget to fully get rid of the 2.0.... version,

Then you will most likely have to change the program update setting to or it will update to 2.0.... again,

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=148827

Edited by AdvancedSetup
External links removed

Hello molitar

First off there is no need to be download Malwarebytes from any torrent sites, you can download it directly from Malwarebytes...

You can download Malwarebytes version 1.75 from =>Malwarebytes Box HERE<= and click on the BLUE box titled Download (9.8 MB)

Second, as for the issues with version 2.0...

Actually the issue you had is more than likely due to the original release version. I'm sure that if you let us assist you we can get you onto the new 2.x version and working properly. The vast majority of users are no longer having many issues with the latest beta version. The original one you used did have some issues but those issues as well as others have been corrected.

The reason to use the newer version is that it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not), it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not), it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot.

If you'd like us to assist you then please do the following.

Thank You

1. Look is awful (looks and feels like an unprofessional fake antivirus software now)

I just came on this forum to explain the exact same thing.

I've been using MalwareBytes for many years now, and found out that its latest version is pretty similar to almost any fake-antivirus we could find in the past few years.

I even thought I've been traped and had downloaded a fake malwarebyte version...

if you want to restore trust in you product, you should :

- remove bottom ads, or highly decrease their size

- Dashboard encounters serious issues : the big orange "your databases are out of date" box, the bottom ads, the "buy premium" links... any of these links look like the googleAds traps we can find on any software-download websites...

- the global design just look no more than "unprofessional" 

Regards,

I like MBAM, but this latest version has a few issues - firstly, if you scan a system and quaranteen all the infections, reboot and scan again, it'll find all the quaranteened items again. Pretty confusing!

Secondly, in the list of infections, what has happened to the 'right click and check all' option? Instead there is a button that says remove all, however it doesn't reassure you that it has done so by checking all the items in the list.

Also having scanned a system with version 2, a rescan with version 1.75, shows all the same infections still to be removed...what is going on?

These issues have made me switch back to version 1.75

I agree with the OP's assessment. 

As a certified PC tech since 1998, I've seen my fair share of rogue AV programs. This new GUI reminds me of them in many ways. In fact, the first time I saw it, I was sure that it was a rogue version of MBAM. 

The program has a few nice additions such as the root kit scanner, but it drastically lacks any sort of intuitive navigation. I also don't like that it doesn't show you the number of items detected after the scan is complete. I like to notify my clients how many malicious items I removed from their system and this new format makes it much more difficult. 

But, MORE than that... even after setting it up for the maximum depth scan, it missed items that v1.75 was able to catch after I uninstalled v2.x and reinstalled v1.75 and ran a full scan. How is this possible?? They were simple PUPs and v2.x completely missed them. I've attached a screenshot of the items it missed.

All in all, I'm sure that I'll get used to v2.x in due time, but I sure wish I didn't have to. I'd prefer to stick with the v1.75 interface, maybe with the additional scan options, but some newer Windows 8.1 systems won't allow a database update only and forces v2.x on me. Dislike. 

post-143979-0-72178100-1400606288_thumb.

I had purchased the lifetime license for the premium version and if they are going to keep the business version looking the same with the professional 1.75 interface I am going to ask they move my license to the small business version as the price is the same but interface is not at least so far it's not.

• Staff

@jafstraycat

Mind to send (please send over Private Message) me these samples that Mbam2 missed (where they were detected in 1.75), so we can reproduce this ?

Also, did you use the same database version for both? Because each version comes with a stock database set and needs to get updated before a scan is done.

MBAM2 is actually superior in detection than 1.75, because of additional engine updates.

The program has a few nice additions such as the root kit scanner, but it drastically lacks any sort of intuitive navigation. I also don't like that it doesn't show you the number of items detected after the scan is complete. I like to notify my clients how many malicious items I removed from their system and this new format makes it much more difficult.

Number of detected items is implemented already - which is now in beta: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=147144

Thanks!

@jafstraycat

Mind to send (please send over Private Message) me these samples that Mbam2 missed (where they were detected in 1.75), so we can reproduce this ?

Also, did you use the same database version for both? Because each version comes with a stock database set and needs to get updated before a scan is done.

Sorry, miekiemoes, all I have is the screenshot I posted that I took off the infected computer. I expanded the names and locations of the malware before I took the screenshot.

The database on v2.x was updated to the most recent release before the scan was run. Scan was set to maximum depth. After the subsequent uninstall of v2.x (because it couldn't find the infection) and the installation of v1.75, I updated the database before running the scan. This was done on the very same day; same database release. 

In regards to your statement:

- MBAM2 is actually superior in detection than 1.75, because of additional engine updates. -

Apparently this isn't exactly an accurate statement.

No offense intended. MBAM is still a stellar product and my favorite tool other than my own mind!  :) 

• Staff

@jafstraycat

Too bad you don't have the files anymore to reproduce this. It really should have detected this in mbam2, as a matter of fact, it should have found more related with this infection since mbam2 now also supports detection of firefox and chrome extensions.

On top, mbam2 has native 64 bits support which isn't the case with 1.75, hence why it detects more as well.

So my only guess here is that there was a temporary glitch with the database loading in mbam2 at that time.

In a meanwhile, we released latest version: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=149022 which has a lot of additional improvements and bugfixes.

So my only guess here is that there was a temporary glitch with the database loading in mbam2 at that time.

We can only hope so. Thanks for your support.

I still dislike the new interface, though. I'll get used to it... but I don't have to like it! LOL! 

We sell hundreds of copies of MBAM per year. The #1 problem our customers are having is when the UI is waiting for them to hit the 'Quarantine' button. The button is just not obvious and the new version just generally harder to figure out. I have faith it will improve. Thanks for all the work!

Hi:

Welcome.

Thanks for your feedback.

- not possible to "select all" after a scan.

Actually, 2.0 has a "Quarantine All" button that 1.75 does not.
In 1.75, one needs to select an item in the list, right-click and then select the option to remove all.

In both versions, one can edit the settings for PUPs/PUMs (aka non-malware detections), so that MBAM will both detect them and automatically quarantine them (in 2.0 this is called "Treat Detections as Malware").

I am back to 1.75, it looks much more professional than v2.xx
and it does its job better

Appearance aside, no, it's actually the case that 2.0 is the more powerful version.
The reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).

Support for 1.75 will end eventually, so it is suggested that users upgrade to 2.0.

The new UI/UX is not bad, once you try it out.

Some of the new features are quite nice.

But it's certainly up to you.

post-29793-0-20066200-1401714183_thumb.p