Malwarebyte scan caused a lot of problems, took out some Dll files, help please

I just use this program to do a quick clean up on my computer every few weeks or so. Malwarebytes in the past has worked wonderfully and has saved me a few times. I'm not very knowledgable on computers, but I sometimes do searches for stuff that I'm unsure or have no knowledge about, but there's so much info out there so I do miss quite a bit.

Well, on the 15th, after 2 hour and a half scan on the older version, around 75 PUP.s were found, a lot from SPIGOT. I had to research to find out what PUP.s were. I accidentally clicked on something and I think it didn't delete it so I redid a fast scan and got 35 or so. Next day, I got version 2.0 which is what I'm using now with trial.

So far I've encountered numerous computer crashes and a few BSOD. My graphics card had crashed a few times and then it would say even though it did, it recovered itself, sometimes doing this multiple times and repeats when I restart computer. My computer would freeze, turn black, turn back on, sometimes for like 4 to 6 times, sometimes resulting in BSOD (blue screen of death). Did a sfc /scannow on the cmd and says everything seems to be intact. Can't pop the OS cd in at the moment because my internal dvd/cd drive in it hasn't been working (my fault, old issue), was planning to do a system repair.

I also remember on the 15th or so, that Windows 7 had some updates during shutdown. Not sure if that is it.

Anyhow, this is what I've done so far without any real results:

1. Updated graphics card driver, clean install. Still same issues. Sometimes right after windows start, sometimes after using Chrome or Firefox Browser after 15-30 minutes which included youtubing or even just typical surfing the net. Sometimes it would freeze right after I try to start or install the browsers.

2. Thought it was Google Chrome since I get it pretty soon after starting it. So I reinstalled it. Didn't help. Went to firefox, thought it helped and it seemed great for 30 minutes but still got those weird freezes/crashes. Sometimes it seems good like right now but not so sure when later I restart PC or something like that.

3. I did a restore before all of it happened, but I don't know if it got better or not, don't remember. I didn't think it was the solution much because I still wanted to delete those potential threat files off my computer. Would really be bad if someone keylogged my passwords or something because of it.

4. I also noticed a few times while trying to do a full scan on the C: OS hard drive that about 10 minutes in or so, MBAM would freeze. So I did it in Safe Mode with better success.

So the computer would randomly freeze and crash. What do I do now and how do I prevent this in the future? Wouldn't you be paranoid after using a program, wanting to do a quick clean up but instead end up having a malfunctioning computer instead? It's like you drink a little cough syrup just to ease the cough but end up in a coma.

Can't even use my favorite browser Google Chrome at the moment.

I'm actually typing all this on the messed up computer right now. I don't know how long it'll last until it freezes again. What I did was took out my graphics card and plugged it back in. So far it hasn't crashed but could be plain luck.

Surprisingly, even after uninstalling MBAM because I thought it was MBAM that was making it worse, I still found a lot of the PUP.s in the quarantine section and have taken pictures of it if someone wants to see. But Malwarebytes say they're infected. A lot of them are dll files and so forth. A lot from stuff like from YTDtool bar or SPIGOT.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

Hello and :welcome: , James515:

Sorry you are having such a rough time.

Some of the malware today, especially rootkits, can cause serious system damage.

Unfortunately, we can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

It's handled either in a special, dedicated area of the forum or at the help desk.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

If the computer is so crippled that you cannot even run the preliminary scans requested, just start a new post over in the malware removal section or at the help desk anyway.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue, and with removing the malware and repairing the damage.

In the interim, I would suggest that you not try any additional "self-medication", as that might only make the situation worse.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Hi:

There's no need to relocate anything at this time.

I see that you have already started a new post in the correct section >>HERE<<. :)

Please wait for assistance in that thread until a helper picks it up.

Please be patient -- it is the weekend, the forum is quite busy, and many of the helpers are volunteers.

Someone will help you as soon as possible.

In the interim, please do NOT reply to that other post or "bump" it for at least 48 hours, as explained here.

Otherwise, it will appear that you are already being helped and it could lead to delay.

The mod team will close this thread soon, to keep others from posting in it.

Thanks,

daledoc1