Failure to install

RCR

My malwarebyes anti-malware would not open.  I did an uninstall and went to the Malwarebytes to reinstall.  Downloaded set-up and ran.  It would not complete the installation.  I received an Internal Error: Expression Error Runtime Error (at 57.177): External exception E0607363.  I rebooted to no avail.  Completely, stumped on how to reinstall this software.  Anybody have any ideas?  I really would appreciate it.

Thanks

Bob Runyon

Hello and :welcome:, RCR:

Thank You,

daledoc1

P.S. This post really belongs >>HERE<< in the MBAM Support section, so the mod team will probably move it there. :)

Hello and :welcome:, RCR:

Thank You,

daledoc1

P.S. This post really belongs >>HERE<< in the MBAM Support section, so the mod team will probably move it there. :)

Thanks you daledoc1.  That seemed to work and I left it as far as the paid version so I guess I will hear from Malwarbytes about paying after 14 days.  I do believe I will cancel the auto renew as I don't care to be charged automatically.  Anyway, thanks for your help.  

Bob

OK, great! :)
Thanks for letting us know.

I presume you were referring to the 14-day trial of MBAM Premium?
Yes, after 14 days, the program will revert to the Free version as an on-demand scanner, and you will lose the real-time protection and other protection features of MBAM Premium.

Just to be sure, though:  If you already have a valid, lifetime, consumer license ID/key for MBAM PRO 1.x, that will automatically be honored for the 2.x upgrade -- there is no need to pay again.
That, and other considerations, are explained here: What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

OTOH, if you don't already have a 1.x lifetime license, then, yes, the new model is a 3-PC subscription license.

I do not work for MBAM and I personally own 8 lifetime licenses, so the license subscription renewal doesn't apply to me.

But, I understand your concern about auto-renewal.   I do not like it, either, and I always opt-out when I can with other software vendors.

I'm not sure, but there may be a way to opt-out of the MBAM auto-renewal and still receive notifications about impending license expiration?

We will need to wait for staff to advise us about that.

Thanks,

daledoc1