Malwarebytes anti-malware 2.0.1.1004 often hangs during scan

Malwarebytes anti-malware 2.0.1.1004 often hangs during scans, either during file or heuristic scans.  Please give me instructions so that I can provide information to help you to diagnose the problem.

I can say that it never hangs on the first scan after installation but subsequent scans often do not complete.

Hello and welcome back, hake:

Let's try this:

Thank You,

daledoc1

Thank you for the advice.  I installed version 2.0.2.1012 and am delighted with the results.  The program improvements have mitigated the problems on the XP SP3 system on which the scan was hanging.  The scan time was reduced from 25 to 21 minutes.  On another 13 year-old PC running XP SP3, the scan time was reduced from 48 to 32 minutes.  I always enable the anti-rootkit option.

Malwarebytes Anti-malware 2.0.2.1012 continues to work well on a XP system which previously was unable to run earlier versions prior to 2.0.2.1012 or version 1.75.0.1300 and previous.  Obviously I am delighted since this software is so valuable.