Malwarebytes internal error Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 57:177) External exception E06D7363. PLEASE HELP?

Ok, I REALLY need help.  I have no idea why, NONE. But, one day malwarebytes wouldn't load. So I looked it up, and just figured, heck, why not reinstall it.  Well, only problem was, that when I tried installing it again, I got Malwarebytes internal error Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 57:177) External exception E06D7363.  When I clicked OK a billion times, (It kept popping up,) then it FINALLY "said" malwarebytes was finished installing on my computer, it made the correct files, etc, but it STILL DIDN'T LOAD WHEN I clicked on it!  It has something to do with that error warning, (obviously,) and if you are reading this, you might think, heck, he for sure has malware that's blocking this from installing properly. But,,, I've scoured the internet for DAYS looking for anti malware programs, ran the programs that were already on my computer.  Here is a list of EVERYTHING that I have run to check for malware. Norton full scan, custom scan, power eraser.  Rogue Killer Updated, Windows malware software remover, mbar, and then FINALLY, ComboFix, (I heard that one was really advanced and totally cleaned  out your computer.)  Well, after all of those were run multiple times over multiple days, I got what, 5 bits of malware, that were harmless really, and weren't worth my time at all. So I thought, heck, maybe one of those malware bits that got removed might now enable me to install malwarebytes. Well, sure enough, too good to be true.  I tried installing malwarebytes AGAIN, and YET AGAIN, got the same error thingy, clicked OK like 5 times, it "said" it installed on my computer, I tried opening it, got the program change warning, clicked allow to make changes to my computer, and it just sat there, nothing happened, AGAIN. SO it can't be a virus right? I mean, I tested my pc with like a billion different anti malware programs, (I still only have 1 antivirus so nothing clashed) and I STILL can't install malwarebytes properly.  Now you might be thinking, what the heck is this guys problem, I mean, if he's checked his computer with a billion different programs, and nothing serious was found, who gives if he doesn't have malwarebytes!) Well, I give, because I feel much safer with malwarebytes, because I download a lot of things from the internet, and some of them contain malware, and I feel much safer because malwarebytes always gets everything bad, and nothing else does. I REALLY need malwarebytes back, so if you can help me,,, it would mean the WORLD to me. Thanks so much, ~Beatles Fan

Oh and I think I should mention, I recently downloaded uTorrent, and got 3 games 4 albums and 4 movies from it.  BUT, I virus scanned everything, and once I got the movies and albums, I put them on my ipod, and then deleted them off the computer. As for the games, I deleted those shortly after also.  The problem with malwarebytes started today, and I installed uTorrent about ... 2-3 days ago?>> So I don't see how that could be causing the problem, as none of the files I downloaded via torrents are physically on my computer anymore, and I did all the multiple virus scans mentioned AFTER I deleted all the files. I only have uTorrent, but no torrents on my computer.  I actually installed SUPERAntiSpyware when the problem with malwarebytes started happening, like legit.. I installed it, ran a scan, and then malwarebytes no longer worked. After I installed SUPERAntiSpyware, I deleted it, because I thought it had caused the problem, then I actuallly RESTORED my computer, ran a billion virus scans once restore happened, and tried re-installing malwarebytes. Still nothing. Here is the link to SUPERAntiSpyware if anyone is interested to see if it could be a virus or something http://www.superantispyware.com/ , but it has reliable review everywhere, and the download link clicked was legit, so was setup, the physical program, etc. Nothing seemed fishy about it, norton said it was safe, so I thought it was. Just mentioned it in case you guys still are leaning towards the malware preventing malwarebytes from working. Again, thanks for helping

Ok guys, I totally figured out what this was. I'm sorry for disturbing the forums peace... but I did some MORE research after I posted, and it was a lucky hit, I found this http://www.techchore.com/2014/04/malwarebytes-runtime-error.html ----article.  It TOTALLY fixed the problem. I guess what happened was, something from the malwarebytes program wasn't fully unistalled, so like, when I uninstalled it from the control panel, it deleted malwarebytes so I assumed it was just all deleted, but apparently not.  Something was left over, and when I tried to download it again, it gave me an error, because of the fragment of the program I already had.  SO,,, what did it for me was installing the malwarebytes uninstaller program mentioned on the link I posted previously.  That searches your entire computer, removing ANY fragment of malwarebytes that may not have been uninstalled when you tried to do it manually. After malwarebytes was uninstalled completely via the program, I tried downloading it again, and IT WORKED!! Now I upgraded to premium, and have it working,,, and,,, running a scan right now!  I'm so happy!  But.. I see a lot of people don't know how to fix this problem, so if anybody reads this on here, and sees another person with the same problem, TELL THEM ABOUT THE ARTICLE I POSTED! IT WILL HELP TOTALLY.  DON'T BARK UP THE WRONG TREE WHEN THE PROGRAM HAS IT ALL. Enjoy, and thanks for this forum, so I could post on here, and hopefully share my experience, so you guys can help people avoid the dreadful experience of not having malwarebytes. 

Hello and :welcome:

Sorry you had some issues, below are the proper steps to take to solve your issue and to do a clean install of Malwarebytes. Also not sure what version you installed, but below you will find info for the latest beta.

Thank You

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The removal tool did the trick.  However, a lot of time wasted trying to troubleshoot and research the issue before finding the solution.  This seems to be a well-known bug, it is disappointing that it has not been fixed.  A separate clean removal tool should not be necessary, or at least should be an option in the uninstall process.

Hi, and :welcome: , Tricia307 & adc1:

Glad to hear that the instructions above fixed your issue. Next time if your having issues, its best to start your own topic and someone will assist you on a one on one basis..

Sorry to hear you had issues.

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions.

They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".

Please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.

The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Firefox