Malware bytes with VPN's

HI there, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to my dilemma.  I run MWBytes with Cyberghost VPN.  As soon as I upgraded to the Premium version of MWBytes I could not connect to any foreign servers on my VPN (therefore always being at my 'rea'l IP address).  I have not been able to connect for a month now.  I was reading on the CyberGhost site that there is an incompatibility with these two products running simultaneously.  CyberGhost recommends de-installing BOTH products and then reinstalling CyberGhost (just de-installing MWBytes will NOT suffice).  But this alternative will leave me exposed malware-wise as I will not have MWBytes running at the same time. I don't know if the incompatibility is CyberGhost's fault or MWBytes. Does anyone know how these two can run together.  Appreciate your wisdom folks.  Being a senior citizen, I know that computer-speak can be confusing to us old farts, so if you do have a solution, could you please keep it fairly simple and low-tech.  Thanks guys!

Hi:

Until the staff arrives, what version of MBAM 2.x are you running?

A recently released beta build supposedly fixes some of the VPN compatibility issues.
This pinned topic mentions a fix for compatibility issues with some VPN clients: http://https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=147144#entry821541

Compatibility issues with certain VPN client software fixed

I don't know if CyberGhost is among them.
But it might be worth trying an upgrade to the latest beta build, to see if that fixes the problem.

Here is the pinned topic with the download link and instructions: - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.2 Public Beta

Please post back and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thank You,

daledoc1