Malwarebytes used to remove updatenowpro now internet not working

A family member's computer was infected with malware that spammed the internet browser (chrome) with adverts making it unusable, by remotely assisting them it was clear 5/6 spam programs had been installed on the computer at once a few days previous, task manager listed one of these program running in the background as weatheralerts.exe (see attachment), a random script popup also kept appearing (see attachment) and chrome kept blocking a phishing attempt by "updatenowpro" (see attachment), I then attempted to find where all these process were coming from a delete manually, i.e. uninstall the added programs and remove the add on in chrome etc. however although this seemed to remove some of the issues / popup, I could not seem to locate them all.

I then downloaded malwarebytes and used the free premium trail version to scan the computer, it then located various files (many following the names of software previously seen in earlier manual searches) and then these were all removed by malwarebytes and put in quarantine. The computer was then restarted, and it appears all the malware has been removed by the software, however as I requested the end user to start a remote assistance so I could ensure it was all sorted myself, it would not operate correctly (could not send the request email - stuck in outbox) and then when the browser was loaded it said could not load the webpage, this was odd as windows said "connected - internet access".

Since then I have had the user over FaceTime check that there was no proxy running, that the host files had not been modified and also had the user reset TCP/IP using the netshell utility. These attempts have failed to fix the problem, and as I am away from the user could do with some guidance for solving the issues as the user is not very technically advanced so it's hard to speak them through every idea or possible solution I find online?

Any help or input from anyone with past experience/knowledge of this issue would be incredibly appreciated! It could be that I am missed something very simple to try, but find it hard to tackle the problem without being at the computer.

Cheers

post-163136-0-03195300-1399577476_thumb.

post-163136-0-76526600-1399577482_thumb.

post-163136-0-50295700-1399577488_thumb.

What version of MBAM are you using? Are you using the latest version 2.0.2.1010?

rwharold It really does not matter what version of MBAM he has, he clearly said the computer was/is infected...

jrichardson9 Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Sorry to hear your infected, as you have already told us the computer was infected, you will have to seek help from the experts to restore your computer back to working order. Malware removal is not an easy thing to do and it requires skill and trained personnel to remove it properly.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you