Ghost_Killer

malwarebytes mobile scanning phone every 3 minutes +

i updated to the new malwarebytes anti malware mobile on my lg optimus f6 running android 4.1.2 and it is now scanning my phone every 3-30+ minutes or so and tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothings fixing it and it was fine in previous version and wasn't scanning this much..hope this bug gets fixed asap

post-162527-0-29640800-1399480030_thumb.

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes product support. Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as your anti-malware security solution, my name is Fernando Gil and I'll be assisting you today.

Do you have any scheduled scans setup?

You can deselect the Scan after update in the Scheduled Scans settings.

If you have a scheduled scan, check to see what times it is set to run.

I find it odd that it would be scanning so often.

Daily after database update (never made it scan this much until this version & same settings as last version) but when updating it starting scanning every 1-20+ minutes and ive done everything and its not working

post-162527-0-98168900-1399505463_thumb.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have addressed this to our developers and they are investigating.

I have 4.1.2 and its scanning a lot more often as well. The intervals arent even either.

I have it set to scan daily, after update and after reboot.

There were no updates or reboots happening when its been scanning at weird intervals.

Was searching for a solution to the constant scanning problem and found this forum.

I can confirm that after the recent update, it seems Malwarebytes is just about always scanning. I have turned off scheduled scans and even unclicked Real-Time Protection but it still scans.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy with Android 4.0.4

It did not do this in the past, only after the recent upgrade...

I have to say I'm super disappointed to see that this thread is 2 years old, and I'm having the same issue today.

I've noticed that pretty much any time my phone is idle, Malwarebytes fires up and starts scanning. I have real-time enabled, but I disabled After Reboot as well as After Update, and the only Scheduled Scans are for 1am a couple times a week. I'm about | | this far from uninstalling and going with something else, just so it will stop running constant scans.

Nexus 5X, Android 6.0.1, Malwarebytes App version 2.0.5.3

Looking at these logs, the scans started at various times, and then took forever to resolve. Probably because the scans seem to abort when I start actively using my phone, and either starts over or resumes when idle again. 

Screenshot_20160518-140706.png

Screenshot_20160518-140746.png

Hi @Marcus_Gideon, thanks for the screenshots.

It looks like you still have After Update scan enabled according to the screenshots.

I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to when you say the scans take forever? You longest scan in the screenshots is about 7 min 30 sec with the program scanning over 2,000 items.

I would recommend increase scheduled scans from daily to weekly and to a time that is more convenient for you for a scan (like in the late evenings), according to your screenshots, it looks like you have scheduled scans to run every day at little after noon. Additionally, you can disable notifications for scan.