Using MBAE with Waterfox?

oldgeek

Hi,

I think it's as simple as renaming waterfox.exe to Firefox.exe, can't find the post but I think that's the work around.

That may just be but I'm having a little case of "sometimers" and can't remember. Maybe Pedro can set me straight, if that don't work. lol

Just to add,

See post #379

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/malwarebytes-anti-exploit.354641/page-16

So renaming may not work. YMMV

I don't believe renaming the program will work, it was renaming something tho..  I couldn't dig anything out of that link but I just know it's there somewhere, hopefully I'll find or remember it..

thanks..

Renaming waterfox.exe to firefox.exe should do the trick. Of course you'll also have to rename and/or re-create your shortcuts to point to the renamed firefox.exe.

Thanks Pedro, I had just about figured it out.  I can remember that coming up when testing MBAE some time ago but just couldn't get it straightened out in my old head. lol

Thank you so much. I just switched to waterfox when FF came out with v29 it's as buggy as an outhouse and I don't care to fight with it. Besides waterfox v28 is a slight bit faster and haven't had any crashes, as of yet.

Thanks again,

oldgeek