PopupMessageAp !? Should I be worried?

Hi,

I found something in my registry named as HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\{B2CB09FF-2453-4f85-9F40-21C05BE4CBA8} ( screenshot attached ) that is not recognized by MBAM.

If I google it, it possibly seems as a trojan or a virus. But my pc comes out clean by scanning it with MBAM or Avira (virusscanner).

So should I be worried about this key or is just something normal and move along?

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/uploads/monthly_01_2013/post-93839-0-74061900-1358271509.jpg

Hi, Tom1986:

We don't generally favor external links to uploaded files.
Can you please attach the screenshot directly here?

Having said that, if you'd like expert help to determine if you might be infected, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,

daledoc1

The only way to know for sure that its not suspicious it to have the experts take a look...

If you want to make sure your not infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

• 10 months later...

Hello korish and :welcome:

We are disappointed to read your system is having issues and this thread is about 10 months old. Each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" most often are not.

The same is true for solutions. They most often need to be individualized to your unique system.

It is less confusing for everyone if we adhere to this sub-forum's "one user per topic" policy.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>cjfj.png<< button now.

Staffers, experts and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance to get you both up and running.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding. :)