Hi,

Using Catalyst Control Center, and MSI Afterburner it has come to my attention that while idleing, my GPU usage is maxed out a 99%, but is done so in such a way that the card is not overheating which would increase the fan speed and make the issue more noticeable. I concluded that this was a mining malware using my card for hashing, most likely either for litecoin or bitcoin. I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes anti malware Pro and mbar.exe but I found nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This will be my first time requesting malware removal assisstance.

Ellis

Hello Ellis and :welcome:! My name is Borislav and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
  • Do not perform any kind of scanning and fixing without my instructions. If you want to proceed on your own, please let me know.
Please follow the instructions here and then post your log files in a new reply in this thread:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9573

Thanks Borislav but I managed to fix my issue on my own :) I scanned with mbam.exe and mbar.exe and was confused as nothing came up. I then used adwcleaner and pandascan to search for anything but nothing came up. I tried tdsskiller but nothing again that would cause my GPU to go crazy. Turns out the newest drivers 14.4 and 14.1 would make my gpu go crazy for no reason, and I had reinstalled the drivers 4 times. So I went to 13.4 and no issue.

Thanks anyways but there is no need now :)

• 1 month later...